Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Rivergate - Memphis TN/NW MS area

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rivergate - Memphis TN/NW MS area

So how many of you go to Rivergate on saturday nights around here? The competition is getting good. I need more of my f body brethren out there to help kill these mustangs and ricers. Airpark is shut down now but rivergate is alive and well.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Hopefully we will have a track open again soon here. IMO you are just asking to go to jail at Rivergate. Its only a matter of time.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Smoked a mustang. Cops showed up and we out ran them. Just another weekend at Rivergate. Come on guys, let loose and come have some fun. I know the midsouth has to have some more f bodies ready to race.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, as much fun as I've had at rivergate I will NEVER go back. Ive been several times and had the same experience as you, cops show, everyone leaves for a little while, then everyone just comes right back no problem...Except the last time I went..

Was actually sitting on the side of the road talkin to a buddy. It was a really slow night, and there was nobody even racing (very rare I know). All of a sudden cops swarm, throw me and my buddy in jail and impounded both of our cars. Most they could have got us for was loitering (literally, there was no one out there, and we were parked on the side of the road talking) but the cops said we were "participating in drag racing". As soon as we got to the station, a different cop reviewed the charges and said "well this is bogus, yall are free to go"... OH, except they wouldn't give us our cars back. The cop dropped us off at a gas station on poplar at 4 a.m. and left us to find a way home (arkansas). Ended up having to go back 3 days later to the impound lot to get our cars, and yes, we had to pay the fees.

Long story short, I'd stay away from rivergate. Its usually a bunch of b/s ricers anyway and like the other guy posted above, your just asking to get caught up in some bullshit like we did. Hope ya stay outta trouble man! Have fun if you do decide to go, but you've been warned!

I'm ready for MMP (or whatever the new name is) to REOPEN!!! WHATS THE HOLD UP?!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by will8908
Man, as much fun as I've had at rivergate I will NEVER go back. Ive been several times and had the same experience as you, cops show, everyone leaves for a little while, then everyone just comes right back no problem...Except the last time I went..

Was actually sitting on the side of the road talkin to a buddy. It was a really slow night, and there was nobody even racing (very rare I know). All of a sudden cops swarm, throw me and my buddy in jail and impounded both of our cars. Most they could have got us for was loitering (literally, there was no one out there, and we were parked on the side of the road talking) but the cops said we were "participating in drag racing". As soon as we got to the station, a different cop reviewed the charges and said "well this is bogus, yall are free to go"... OH, except they wouldn't give us our cars back. The cop dropped us off at a gas station on poplar at 4 a.m. and left us to find a way home (arkansas). Ended up having to go back 3 days later to the impound lot to get our cars, and yes, we had to pay the fees.

Long story short, I'd stay away from rivergate. Its usually a bunch of b/s ricers anyway and like the other guy posted above, your just asking to get caught up in some bullshit like we did. Hope ya stay outta trouble man! Have fun if you do decide to go, but you've been warned!

I'm ready for MMP (or whatever the new name is) to REOPEN!!! WHATS THE HOLD UP?!
I feel ya. A buddy of mine used to run at Airpark in Memphis (same as Rivergate just less remote. Right off Shelby drive.) He got impounded and everthing as well. Probation, etc. I'm ready for the track to open as well. I've been going to that doo doo *** track in Byhalia. Holy Springs is pretty nice though. Long drive. Rivergate has alot of ricers but last weekend there was 5 4th gens, 2 3rd gens, a built gto, there is always alot of mustangs, a 2008 corvette, and then the usual mass of ricers and crotch rockets. I'm a lot more cautious of Rivergate now. If there is not a bunch of people I leave because the cops cant catch 50 cars and 30 bikes but they can sure as hell catch 15 cars. I wish we had look outs out there.

I'm going tonight probably but I will leave before 2am. Thats when the MPD has been showing up.

Quick Reply: Rivergate - Memphis TN/NW MS area