Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just curious, who is re-tuning your Vette?

The forecast for Saturday hasn't been looking too good ... 50% chance of storms. As of today though, it looks like the storms will be coming in tomorrow and Saturday is down to a 30% chance.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Teching In

HPS in Dallas, formerly Sandy Springs.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Let me know what you think of them ... I have heard of them, but know nothing about them.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Teching In

He's been real good to this point, always answers calls and has been a stand up guy. He did the previous work on my car also. Having it retuned on his new dyno, previously it was done on a different dyno. Also getting new headlights installed, clear fixed style w/zenon bulbs. Will look nice when its done but getting the right wiring harness has been a chore to this point. Previous owner may have messed w/the wiring. We'll see, im heading to his shop tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

the only person I trust to tune my cars is Bob Kurgan in Braselton ga. He is a great tuner and his record in the racing industry proves it.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Let me know what you think of them ... I have heard of them, but know nothing about them.
HPS does excellent work, Chris Hunter tuned my turbo firebird and it runs great and i know several other people that have gad great experience with HPS
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Brain I'm on MCE it takes a while for your account to get set up due to spamers but It's a pretty good site to find out what's going locally and there are a ton of members around this area. We are actually having a car meet tomorrow night at Tilted Kilt in kennesaw.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh and trackday is April 28 gates open at 10 racing starts at noon $10 to watch +$20 if you want to race. I have been to the last 3 trackdays and have been able to make over 10+runs each time
Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by atrain59
Oh and trackday is April 28 gates open at 10 racing starts at noon $10 to watch +$20 if you want to race. I have been to the last 3 trackdays and have been able to make over 10+runs each time
Thanks for posting ... Is it pay at the gate? Are you planning to attend this year?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Its pay at the gate. Ill try and come crash the party.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by j99fbody
HPS does excellent work, Chris Hunter tuned my turbo firebird and it runs great and i know several other people that have gad great experience with HPS
I will have to keep this mind ... they are pretty to me.

By the way, quite a bad *** '72 you have there!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by david068513
Its pay at the gate. Ill try and come crash the party.
It is a long haul for us, but we are considering making the trek.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Hey brian did you make it to the dyno day last sat? What kind of numbers did you put up?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Teching In

Last edited by Cammin02ss; 04-20-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by Cammin02ss
HPS has fucked up more cars then they have touched... Ive seen 5 of them first hand!! Half there employees walked out because of how horrible the owner is last week!

He built a turbo silverado.. customer paid for a 800rwhp build. ( truck only made 611). The truck blew up within 1500 miles, customer took the truck to another shop to have it looked at for a unbias decision and HPS used scat 500fwhp rods in the motor.. Customer ended up spending another 8k to have a good motor installed.. HPS didnt help a dime!

HPS tuned a supercharger GTO. Well tried too... First the car wouldnt start unless the throttle was held wide open.. Made 36 dyno passes while the car was misfiring.. Misfired so bad that it blew one of the mufflers off the car.. HPS told the customer that something was wrong with the car.. Customer picked the car up and took it to the same shop that fixed the Silverado.. Drained the oil.. ended up having close to a qt of gas in the oil.. put fresh oil in the car.. The tuner at this shop looked at the tune and laughed because of how horrible the tune was.. Changed the tune and it fired up and idled perfectly.. Went straight to the dyno.. it made 633 and runs like a dreams now!

Trans am... Customer came in to have his car dynod tuned for nitrous.. Customer had just put a freshly built LQ9 in it.. Hps installed the nitrous... put the car on the dyno.. They never put the pills in the nozzle.. So first dyno pull it through a rod out the block... HPS did nothing to help the customer...

C6 Corvette... Hps installed a clutch and cam... Car left for tenn a few days afterward for a race.. while the customer is racing the harmonic balancer comes off due to no thread locker on it.(messed up a bunch up things and had to have the car towed back to ga). customer was broke down in tenn and hps still hasnt helped the customer out at all... Customer heard vibrations from drivetrain, the customer took the car to a different shop and found out all the torque tube bolts were finger tight.. Paid to have the other shop fix it...

Hps tuned a header only silverado.. it took them 31 passes to tune the truck and told the customer that you have to change the coil packs when you put headers on the trucks.. I LOL'd about that one...

HPS claims to go to tuning school which is a one day class which teaches you very little about anything...

I could keep going but im tired of talking about such a worthless subject!

Hope this saves some people money and time!

Don't be shy. Tell us how you really feel.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Last edited by Cammin02ss; 04-20-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silverbk
Hey brian did you make it to the dyno day last sat? What kind of numbers did you put up?
Yea I made it ... 471rwhp/464rwtq ...if you think about it, those numbers were probably not too far off. The numbers in my sig were with a 10-bolt and 10-spokes with 275 Nitto's. The latest numbers were with the S60 and RT-S's with 27x11.5 QTP's. Those numbers are with SAE correction and smoothing at 3 which were the settings of the original numbers. It may need a re-tune, but it runs well and I am more interested in mods to get it to hook.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cammin02ss
Just lookin out for people.. There is sooo many more things I could add to that list!!
Cammin02ss ... I think it is important to share experiences here. Thanks for the info. I would much rather trailer it to Vengeance since they are the original tuner of the 402 anyway.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for posting ... Is it pay at the gate? Are you planning to attend this year?
It's $10 a person at the gate and then there will be a tech table set up once you get in the gate, go fill out your tech card and that's were you pay $20 to race and they only take cash.

I'm planning on going it will be my third time at the track ever, hopfully I can bust a low 11's pass if the 10 bolt holds up.

Also Brain there is a bunch of us that meet up at the starbucks on barrett and ride down together which always makes for a fun time.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Cammin02ss ... I think it is important to share experiences here. Thanks for the info. I would much rather trailer it to Vengeance since they are the original tuner of the 402 anyway.
Please do it's worth it. The only people I would let do it beside vengence is Kurgan Motorsports. Those are the only two. I have heard plenty of other things like what cammin has said and as you know for everyone not talked about there is 5 more.

Quick Reply: Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????