Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cammin02ss
Hunters Performance Solutions has fucked up more cars then they have touched... Ive seen 5 of them first hand!! Half there employees walked out because of how horrible the owner is last week!

HPS built a turbo silverado.. Customer paid for a 800rwhp build. ( truck only made 611). The truck blew up within 1500 miles, customer took the truck to another shop to have it looked at for a unbias decision, and turned out HPS used scat 500fwhp rods in the motor.. Customer ended up spending another 8k to have a good motor installed.. HPS didnt help a dime!

Chris@HPS tuned a supercharger GTO. Well tried too... First the car wouldnt start unless the throttle was held wide open.. Made 36 dyno passes while the car was misfiring.. Misfired so bad that it blew one of the mufflers off the car.. Chris@HPS told the customer that something was wrong with the car.. Customer picked the car up and took it to the same shop that fixed the Silverado.. Drained the oil.. ended up having close to a qt of gas in the oil.. put fresh oil in the car.. The tuner at this shop looked at the tune and laughed because of how horrible the tune was.. Changed the tune and it fired up and idled perfectly.. Went straight to the dyno.. it made 633 and runs like a dreams now!

Trans am... Customer came in to have his car dynod tuned for nitrous.. Customer had just put a freshly built LQ9 in it.. Hps installed the nitrous... put the car on the dyno.. HPS never put the pills in the nozzle.. So first dyno pull it through blew up!... Chris@HPS did nothing to help the customer...

C6 Corvette... Hps installed a clutch and cam... Car left for tenn a few days afterward for a race.. while the customer is racing the harmonic balancer comes off due to no thread locker on it.(messed up a bunch up things and had to have the car towed back to ga). customer was broke down in tenn and hps still hasnt helped the customer out at all... Customer heard vibrations from drivetrain, the customer took the car to a different shop and found out all the torque tube bolts were finger tight.. Paid to have the other shop fix it...

Chris@HPS tuned a header only silverado.. it took them 31 passes to tune the truck and told the customer that you have to change the coil packs when you put headers on the trucks.. I LOL'd about that one...

Chris@HPS claims to have gone to tuning school which is a one day class which teaches you very little about anything...

I could keep going but im tired of talking about such a worthless subject!

Hope this saves some people money and time!
yea I remember that. tuning school... I think he took the one day base info 2 hour class lmao.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
It is a long haul for us, but we are considering making the trek.
I am very unwanted in that circle jerk so if my car is running I might go bust some **** talkers ***. My **** is in peices right now though. we will see lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by atrain59
It's $10 a person at the gate and then there will be a tech table set up once you get in the gate, go fill out your tech card and that's were you pay $20 to race and they only take cash.

I'm planning on going it will be my third time at the track ever, hopfully I can bust a low 11's pass if the 10 bolt holds up.

Also Brain there is a bunch of us that meet up at the starbucks on barrett and ride down together which always makes for a fun time.
Tell me more about the tech card ... is there a copy available on the Internet? I would hate to make a 6-hour drive for nothing! If they are searching for general safety-worthiness, I am fine, but I wouldn't pass an NHRA/IHRA tech for ET.

We might be interested in a meet-up, but, I will be trailering. Has a time been setup yet?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by david068513
I am very unwanted in that circle jerk so if my car is running I might go bust some **** talkers ***. My **** is in peices right now though. we will see lol.
LOL ... yea, I don't "do" drama and there sure is alot of it on the Internet in forums in general. Life is just too short ... I am just too old and ignore it. I am just interested in making some runs and, if I can checkout some nice cars or make some friends, great, but, if not, I would be happy just getting some runs in.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Tell me more about the tech card ... is there a copy available on the Internet? I would hate to make a 6-hour drive for nothing! If they are searching for general safety-worthiness, I am fine, but I wouldn't pass an NHRA/IHRA tech for ET.

We might be interested in a meet-up, but, I will be trailering. Has a time been setup yet?
they are usually pretty relaxed on tech not overly strict most the time. Last time I went I paid, he walked over to make truck and wrote a number on it. Never had to pop the hood or look under it and never asked how fast it goes.

LOL ... yea, I don't "do" drama and there sure is alot of it on the Internet in forums in general. Life is just too short ... I am just too old and ignore it. I am just interested in making some runs and, if I can checkout some nice cars or make some friends, great, but, if not, I would be happy just getting some runs in.
I try not to get involved but eventually you'll see some peoples true colors. Go run some passes. Some cool people there to meet.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by david068513
they are usually pretty relaxed on tech not overly strict most the time. Last time I went I paid, he walked over to make truck and wrote a number on it. Never had to pop the hood or look under it and never asked how fast it goes.

I try not to get involved but eventually you'll see some peoples true colors. Go run some passes. Some cool people there to meet.
That is what I hear about Silver Dollar and Alabama International. I wouldn't be happy if I made a run and was black flagged for something I already knew I didn't have after loading and driving for hours. I do understand, however, a car having brakes on one axle, bald tires, oil leaks, etc.

I already see peoples' "true colors" on this site and others. The majority of forum "goers" are cool for the most part. I just hate the generalizations that made on the forums ... the name calling of everyone that drives a **** or because someone won't do this or that and they are ****'s .... you probably know what I mean.

Last edited by BrianSF-GA; 04-10-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

I know exactly what you mean lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just joined that site a week ago and have the same problem with getting full access. Can't read any forums so thanks for posting here about the track day. Think I'll bring the car down for some runs.

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 04-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO
I just joined that site a week ago and have the same problem with getting full access. Can't read any forums so thanks for posting here about the track day
Hey GTO1_OHIO .... thanks for posting, I was beginning to think they didn't like me ... lol.

I noticed you were in Alpharetta .... good to meet you. Cartersville here. Are you thinking about attending the track day?

Nice "Goat" by the way.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Hey GTO1_OHIO .... thanks for posting, I was beginning to think they didn't like me ... lol.

I noticed you were in Alpharetta .... good to meet you. Cartersville here. Are you thinking about attending the track day?

Nice "Goat" by the way.
Yeah I'll plan on going.

I'm going up to Ohio to pick up the car and race at a few tracks but will have the car down here on the 23d.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

That is what I hear about Silver Dollar and Alabama International.
About the only thing I hear at Steele is 8.0 or faster 1/8 mile needs a helmet. Lately they haven't even been announcing that though. Maybe the ET shack person tells them these days.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah I'll plan on going.

I'm going up to Ohio to pick up the car and race at a few tracks but will have the car down here on the 23d.
Good ... hope to see you down there. We are considering the "Starbucks meet" and group ride down (if there are other trailers). I have yet to see a time or details posted. It will be just my wife and I if you you want to travel down together. I presume you will be trailering like me.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Skillet
About the only thing I hear at Steele is 8.0 or faster 1/8 mile needs a helmet. Lately they haven't even been announcing that though. Maybe the ET shack person tells them these days.
Helmet requirement? I would think that would be a requirement to run down the track at any ET. The local track here (Paradise in Calhoun) requires all drivers to wear a helmet – no exceptions ... !
Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Tech card is lax...They dont check anything, just write your number and get to racing.

They do require a helmet.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula
Tech card is lax...They dont check anything, just write your number and get to racing.

They do require a helmet.
Sounds good to me .... !!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Good ... hope to see you down there. We are considering the "Starbucks meet" and group ride down (if there are other trailers). I have yet to see a time or details posted. It will be just my wife and I if you you want to travel down together. I presume you will be trailering like me.
Yes too many things to break not too. Meeting up is fine with me.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Yes too many things to break not too. Meeting up is fine with me.
Sounds good ... !

Originally Posted by atrain59
It's $10 a person at the gate and then there will be a tech table set up once you get in the gate, go fill out your tech card and that's were you pay $20 to race and they only take cash.

I'm planning on going it will be my third time at the track ever, hopfully I can bust a low 11's pass if the 10 bolt holds up.

Also Brain there is a bunch of us that meet up at the starbucks on barrett and ride down together which always makes for a fun time.
atrain59 ... keep us informed of the "meet-up". Hopefully, the route is I-75 and not U.S. 41 ... about 2-1/2 hours (141 miles).
Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Yea I made it ... 471rwhp/464rwtq ...if you think about it, those numbers were probably not too far off. The numbers in my sig were with a 10-bolt and 10-spokes with 275 Nitto's. The latest numbers were with the S60 and RT-S's with 27x11.5 QTP's. Those numbers are with SAE correction and smoothing at 3 which were the settings of the original numbers. It may need a re-tune, but it runs well and I am more interested in mods to get it to hook.

Nice numbers, what are you looking to run in the 1/4?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silverbk
Nice numbers, what are you looking to run in the 1/4?
My goals are to break into the 6's/10's, but I don't think I will be there at this track day. I am just now mounting my rear coil overs and I am sure I will have to dial them in and will also be getting used to the 2-Step and line lock that I have yet to install.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds good ... !

atrain59 ... keep us informed of the "meet-up". Hopefully, the route is I-75 and not U.S. 41 ... about 2-1/2 hours (141 miles).
Well do, as of right now nothing has been said but im sure once it get closer to track day it will be annouced. We usually meet up at 6:45am and leave out by 7am and we take 75 S and we make a stop at Summit to meet up with the group from that side of town, which usually has 15+ cars. Then we leave there around 8:30am and head to the track.

Quick Reply: Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????