Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????

I registered with this site at the beginning of the week (Tuesday) and still cannot view the threads or anything else. When I login it says "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum." .... damn, how long does it take to be accepted?

The only reason I registered is because they have scheduled a track day at Silver Dollar at the end of April that I may like to attend ... so far, I am losing that interest.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Ive been a member for several years...that site has gone down hill the past year or so..hardly any posts...track day is a blast tho.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula
Ive been a member for several years...that site has gone down hill the past year or so..hardly any posts...track day is a blast tho.
So how long did it take before you could start posting after you joined? Ususally, a forum lets you post immediately after verifying. With this forum it has been a whole week and I can't even view the threads!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Default Muscle Car Evolution

Hey Brian I am a memeber there also. I joined over the winter, Boston Translplant living in Kennesaw. Took about 2 days for me to access. Have you contacted the web admin. person to see what the deal is? Nice ride.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silverbk
Hey Brian I am a memeber there also. I joined over the winter, Boston Translplant living in Kennesaw. Took about 2 days for me to access. Have you contacted the web admin. person to see what the deal is? Nice ride.
Damn ... small world. Do you know where Hanover MA is?? That is where I was born and raised and moved to GA in 1982! My wife and I built this home in Cartersville in 2008, but, before meeting my wife, I owned a home from 1999-2008 in .... guess where .... Kennesaw!

Anyway, I am not able to email the administrator because it says that option is not enabled!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

I just tried to login and it shows me there ...

Currently Active Users

There are currently 427 users online. 160 members and 267 guests

Most users ever online was 3,856, November 29th, 2011 at 12:52 AM.
BrianSF-GA

When I go to "My Profile" I get ...

BrianSF-GA, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

When I go to the forum Titles, all of the "Last Post" columns show "Private" ...!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
I registered with this site at the beginning of the week (Tuesday) and still cannot view the threads or anything else. When I login it says "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum." .... damn, how long does it take to be accepted?

The only reason I registered is because they have scheduled a track day at Silver Dollar at the end of April that I may like to attend ... so far, I am losing that interest.
I've been a member there for about a year, they said they have had a lot of trouble with spam lately so it takes a while to sort through all of it. I would'nt think it would take a week though. But track day is a hell of a lot of fun.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
11 Second Club

So how long did it take before you could start posting after you joined? Ususally, a forum lets you post immediately after verifying. With this forum it has been a whole week and I can't even view the threads!
When I signed up it worked automatically...but apparently they have been having some issues over there that takes it longer??
Old 03-26-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

That site sucks, log on to musclecar-revolution.com its a new site that just started where everyone is migrating from there to here. Good guys there.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Damn ... small world. Do you know where Hanover MA is?? That is where I was born and raised and moved to GA in 1982! My wife and I built this home in Cartersville in 2008, but, before meeting my wife, I owned a home from 1999-2008 in .... guess where .... Kennesaw!

Anyway, I am not able to email the administrator because it says that option is not enabled!

I know it well, grew up on the North Shore but used to go with a girl from Weymouth. Let me know if you go to any local meets/car shows in the area, still trying to learn the area and any info would be appreciated.

Any luck w/the website?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by david068513
That site sucks, log on to musclecar-revolution.com its a new site that just started where everyone is migrating from there to here. Good guys there.
I just really wanted to get more information about their track day at Silver Dollar .... mainly, is the charge at the gate or upfront and is there any type registration required?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silverbk
I know it well, grew up on the North Shore but used to go with a girl from Weymouth. Let me know if you go to any local meets/car shows in the area, still trying to learn the area and any info would be appreciated.

Any luck w/the website?
I know Weymouth ... lol. I graduated from Hanover HS long, long, long ago.

Cartersville (about 20 minutes north on 41) holds a car show on the square (Friendship Plaza) the 1st Saturday of each month beginning April. Also local is the Canton (about 20 minutes-up 575) car show held in Riverstone Shopping Center the 3rd Saturday of each month beginning in March. You might want to confirm these dates.

These are local shows that pretty much have the same people everytime, but they are cool. I have been to Canton once and the Cartersville show a handful of times, but have not taken my car. I might take it up to the Cartersville this year. I think it's a $2-3 donation for the cars.

This Saturday is a Dyno Day/Car Show at Injected Engineering in Kennesaw off Moon Station Road just off Jiles Road. I plan to dyno mine ... $50 for two pulls, but they are limiting it to 30 cars for each the dyno and car show. I have never been, but they had 400 people last year and, from what I have been told, there is a car show outside of the car show.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

I just really wanted to get more information about their track day at Silver Dollar .... mainly, is the charge at the gate or upfront and is there any type registration required?
When I used to go it was pay at the gate, no registration...and the last track day I went to they let all the ricers from IA in and they crowded the strip...got in 5 runs all day.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

When I used to go it was pay at the gate, no registration...and the last track day I went to they let all the ricers from IA in and they crowded the strip...got in 5 runs all day.
Ok, let me get this straight, a track day sponsered by Muscle-CarEvolution.com and they let imports in to effect that actual muscle cars only got 5 runs in ... ! ... ? I am not getting a warm and fuzzy about this forum or the track day. I got 11 shakedown runs in at Paradise at their TnT a few weekends ago and we didn't get there until 2:00 pm and I could've kept running past 5:00 pm if I wanted to. I may have to re-think a 3-hour, one-way drive for this track day even if it is a 1/4-mile track ... gas alone will be $100.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, let me get this straight, a track day sponsered by Muscle-CarEvolution.com and they let imports in to effect that actual muscle cars only got 5 runs in ... ! ... ? I am not getting a warm and fuzzy about this forum or the track day. I got 11 shakedown runs in at Paradise at their TnT a few weekends ago and we didn't get there until 2:00 pm and I could've kept running past 5:00 pm if I wanted to. I may have to re-think a 3-hour, one-way drive for this track day even if it is a 1/4-mile track ... gas alone will be $100.
Yea that one was terrible. Not to mention all the ricers that paid no attention to the water box and drove right through it on street tires...I havent been to one since, so hopefully they learned a lesson and quit letting them come...only shitty thing is if they signed up on the forum then they get to come anyway.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Yea that one was terrible. Not to mention all the ricers that paid no attention to the water box and drove right through it on street tires...I havent been to one since, so hopefully they learned a lesson and quit letting them come...only shitty thing is if they signed up on the forum then they get to come anyway.
I went to the last one. No ricers and you could run back to back. A lot showed up but not many racing. I wont support that site anymore though since the people that run it are douchebags
Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

It seems it would be best to forget about the forum, but, I would sure like to go to the track day. It would be nice to get some 1/4-mile runs in with my new mods currently being delivered. My only other 1/4-mile option is Steele, Alabama since I have no roll bar.

Anyone planning to attend the Silver Dollar track day?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

It seems it would be best to forget about the forum, but, I would sure like to go to the track day. It would be nice to get some 1/4-mile runs in with my new mods currently being delivered. My only other 1/4-mile option is Steele, Alabama since I have no roll bar.

Anyone planning to attend the Silver Dollar track day?
I would say to sign up and dont post anything...no rules on post count to come to the track day. Plus SDR is a good track and they usually set it up pretty good.

When is it?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

I would say to sign up and dont post anything...no rules on post count to come to the track day. Plus SDR is a good track and they usually set it up pretty good.

When is it?
April 28th ... Gates Open at 10AM ... Racing from 12PM-5PM ... $10 Entry - $20 to Race ... Post Race Camping Party.

We probably wouldn't be interested in the camping party though!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info Brian, appreciate it. I may chk out the unoffical car show sat but not sure. My car is in the shop getting retuned. I wish it was getting my new spec 3 clutch and 3.90's but the wallet wont allow at the moment. Coming soon though.

Quick Reply: Is anyone here a member of Muscle Car Evolution.com ... ????