Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

On vacation in the Ft. Walton Beach area, need some recommendations on restaurants

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default On vacation in the Ft. Walton Beach area, need some recommendations on restaurants

I'm out vacationing with the family and we are looking for places to eat. Instead of just keep on trying places I figured to ask the guys here so I can steer clear of the garbage restaurants. So what are some good places?

Now remember, my family is from New Orleans so we eat good already, so make sure you recommend some good places.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staffs close to okaloosa island is good everytime I eat there.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Destin is probably gonna have a lot more to choose from though.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JWStevens
Destin is probably gonna have a lot more to choose from though.
^That. What kinda food are you interested in?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
^That. What kinda food are you interested in?
Man, I eat everything. Not a big seafood eater( go figure) but I do eat fish and always find something on the menu. Went to Poppy's lobster house last night and it was pretty good, I had the soy-spiced tuna and it was better than most places I had tuna at. Went to the BBQ shed the other day and that was some bad *** bbq! Were trying to figure out wbats on the list for today. We're thinking about AJ's since alot of people have recommended it. So if anybody has been there let us know how it is.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

AJ's is pretty good, waterfront Venue and often a live band on the weekends- Try McGuires Pub, across the street from The Lucky Snapper- Also very good, and great beverages. Dewey Destin's is a neat place for a lunch Snack located in front of AJs, also quite good. If you venture towards Destin, Johnny O'Quigleys is excellent, as well as Miller's Alehouse, who have a very diverse Menu. The Back Porch also is a good go to, directly on the gulf with open air dining available. I'm sure others will chime in, but they will get ya started.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks we will give those a try.

Off topic: whats the car scene like? I see biker guys alot but I have seen only 1 f body so far and no vettes or GTO's. Did see a couple of mustangs though (yuck!)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Not much that I'm aware of- There's a group over towards Pensacola, some up towards Crestview, and a group of us over in Panama City. Destin is kinda central, so we tend to try to get the bunch together over there now and then.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Just came back from there. High Tide for seafood, Coach and Four has buffalo steak.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Old Bay Steamer, Pandoras Steak house in fort Walton. Go to Destin and try Dewy Destins and in Sand Destin try Mitchell's at grand blvd. All of those are not cheap but, they are great! Enjoy
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
AJ's is pretty good, waterfront Venue and often a live band on the weekends- Try McGuires Pub, across the street from The Lucky Snapper- Also very good, and great beverages. Dewey Destin's is a neat place for a lunch Snack located in front of AJs, also quite good. If you venture towards Destin, Johnny O'Quigleys is excellent, as well as Miller's Alehouse, who have a very diverse Menu. The Back Porch also is a good go to, directly on the gulf with open air dining available. I'm sure others will chime in, but they will get ya started.
These! Also Harry T's, and Gilligans. There are tons of them.
We go to Destin every year.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Fudpuckers is good.
The crab trap and/or the black pearl down there are also good (maybe 30min drive up the beach highway)

There's also a little beach store called banana barts that's awesome. Look them up (they're very small)
Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Teching In

A friend of mine owns Cuvee in Destin. It's on the higher end for pricing, so maybe not for a family with very little ones. Tim's a Baton Rouge boy and he has worked with learned from some of the best in the industry. He always make a great meal for me. http://www.cuveebistrodestin.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On vacation in the Ft. Walton Beach area, need some recommendations on restaurants