Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Reputable shop in the lowcountry area (Savannah/charleston)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reputable shop in the lowcountry area (Savannah/charleston)

I've been in Beaufort for a little while now and I'd like to find a shop with good LSX experience anywhere in the Savannah/Charleston area.

RPM and Wiggins were my go to guys in North Carolina and I'd like to find someone down here as good to work with.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

What do you need done?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DietCoke
What do you need done?
^^X2

What do you need done? Tuning or Motor Work?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Both eventually, lookin to do a h/c setup sometime in the next year or so and I dont have the time to do it myself, and even if i did I'd still need it tuned
Old 09-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Also wheres the fbody scene in the lowcountry, see a lot of fbodys in the beaufort area alone and know a few of them.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am here.. I can do most of the work you want done except tuning. I am in the same boat with tuning as there aren't any places around here except maybe one in Charleston.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 AM

Tuning you can contact Jeff at High Horse Performance jeff@hhpracing.com he is North Charleston and really sharp. I have seen a lot of his work and it is straight
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unionmanofsteel
Tuning you can contact Jeff at High Horse Performance jeff@hhpracing.com he is North Charleston and really sharp. I have seen a lot of his work and it is straight
Who can you compare his work/reputation to? I'm looking for a new tuner and he's closest seems like.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Teching In

I was actually wondering the same about Jeff @ HHP. He seems like he's just about the only one in the Charleston/N Charleston area. I emailed him back and forth a few times about getting a dyno session on a '01 ZO6 I picked up this weekend (no tuning, just getting a baseline), but I was wondering what other people's experiences were with him?
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Ive never dealt with him but a few people I know have and they say hes very knowledgeable with tuning etc. Let us know if you use his shop and the results.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know that this is an old Thread but I had one of the worst experiences possible at HHP. Jeff is a cool guy pretty down to earth, but some of his workers (NOT SO MUCH). Besides burning the sh*t out of my clutch, grinding gears, stalling, not securely strapping my car to the dyno & the use of no cooling fans in a 80+degree shop. Yea.......... my experience wasn't so great. Not bashing them on their work, but my experience wasn't the best. Along with the some (NOT ALL) work i've seen done on a few vehicles.

I get all of my tuning done for my vehicles by "JP" at LSXPerformance & Tuning.
Now the Downside for him is that he don't have his own shop.
The Good- He street tune & will make sure everything is correct no matter how long it takes. He've tuned some pretty serious stuff since I've been going there.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by bamaballa205
I know that this is an old Thread but I had one of the worst experiences possible at HHP. Jeff is a cool guy pretty down to earth, but some of his workers (NOT SO MUCH). Besides burning the sh*t out of my clutch, grinding gears, stalling, not securely strapping my car to the dyno & the use of no cooling fans in a 80+degree shop. Yea.......... my experience wasn't so great. Not bashing them on their work, but my experience wasn't the best. Along with the some (NOT ALL) work i've seen done on a few vehicles.

I get all of my tuning done for my vehicles by "JP" at LSXPerformance & Tuning.
Now the Downside for him is that he don't have his own shop.
The Good- He street tune & will make sure everything is correct no matter how long it takes. He've tuned some pretty serious stuff since I've been going there.
Sorry to hear about your experience I have worked with Jeff in the past and been pleased but I will say something to him the next time I see him. I do not give recommendations lightly and will inform him if I here of anymore issues I will stop
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have been in Savannah all my life and do not trust anyone around here to tune so I make the 4 hour trip to Atlanta area to use Vengeance Racing. They build wild machines and have a great reputation. Just my $.02. I have been looking to get back hanging out with fbody guys but can't seem to find any groups.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

There's a handful of fast F-Bodies that come out to georgetown on sat nights.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unionmanofsteel
Sorry to hear about your experience I have worked with Jeff in the past and been pleased but I will say something to him the next time I see him. I do not give recommendations lightly and will inform him if I here of anymore issues I will stop
Cool.

Like I said. Jeff is a cool guy & i'm not trying to put anything out bad about his company. They must be doing something right. Just stating that my dyno experience was terrible.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

HHP is no longer in Charleston. It is now Redline Performance. Zac and Shawn are great guys and can handle just about anything you could want.

Quick Reply: Reputable shop in the lowcountry area (Savannah/charleston)