Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

2015 Toys for Tots - Atlanta, GA

Old 08-20-2015, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2015 Toys for Tots - Atlanta, GA

For those of you local to the Atlanta area, most have heard of or attended the annual KewlRides USMC Toys-For-Tots car show at Millers Ale House in Alpharetta. This show has been hosted by the guys from KewlRides for many years now, and hosts a gathering of some of the finest cars and car clubs in Atlanta to show off their rides, as well as gather donations for this excellent program. Unfortunately the guys at KewlRides have been doing this for quite a while, and it is time for them to pass the torch and move on from the show. They will certainly still be around and most likely attending the show, but myself and Ron from Vengeance Racing have teamed up to continue the show for all of the attendees, reach out to grow the show with new participants, and most importantly allow the opportunity for a few more children to have something under the tree this Christmas.

The message below is from Mark, one of our dear customers and friends, announcing details of KewlRides disbanding, as well as information on the upcoming show this year. We look forward to hosting this event and invite all of you in the area to join us this December for another awesome show for a great cause!

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me directly with any questions or requests. We will update the forums and our website/Facebook with more information as the show gets closer!

Well first off, let me say I am sorry I have not posted this earlier, but this year has been somewhat hectic. As many of you know, myself and co-hosts; Joe (Fops) DeGumbia, Don (Bassman) Luther, Chris (Woosch) Wohlsclagel and David (Dkluko) Klukowski have for the past eleven years pull together a multitude of volunteers to host an annual Peachstate Posse / NGIVettes / KewlRides United States Marines Corp Toys for Tots All Vehicle Show Toy Drive. Well sadly we have to announce that as of December 2015, KewlRides.org (and it originator North Georgia Island Vettes – NGIVettes.org) will no longer be in existence (December 2014 having been our last year for hosting the event). All of us have had a great time bringing the event to you each and every year, with all the fun, great times, toys collected, vehicles displayed (at times very unique ones), folks that have shown, volunteered, been an integral part of the event and organization and yes even the yearly drama (of course a word of advice for the future – it’s about the toys for the kids, not the 24 karat gold plated plastic trophy to display in your closet).

What started was a simple idea from a friend (Todd Howard – Peachstate Posse days) organized on a shoe string and moment’s notice with 60 to 70 Corvettes. Eventually turned into a show that brought us an event where we showcased Corvette, Chopper (Motorcycle), Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Mercedes, Muscle Car, Mustang, Porsche and many other fine and beautiful examples of vehicles each year collecting toys for the USMC Toys for Tots Foundation with a singular purpose of putting smiles on local children whose only happiness might have come from a toy donated by a participant or spectator at our event.

I am sure that my partners, just as I will, have a small part of them missing not organizing the event each year but the increasing demands of life have forced us to rethink the event and how to best benefit the USMC Toys for Tots event. So with a feeling of regret, pride and respect we are passing the Toys for Tots torch, so to speak, onto a great group who has been one of our supporters and partner for many years. This group can take the event much farther than we have with their history of organizing events, marketing, contacts, and internal team. The main person’s passion rivals my passion for the children of Toys for Tots. He has in years past gone as far as gotten together with his own family and taken to helping the homeless with needs during the cold months out of the back of his own SUV. With this type of passion for helping their fellow man how could we have not picked Ron Mowen and the Vengeance Racing Team to continue something so near and dear to our hearts?

Vengeance Racing and Ron have been an integral part of KewlRides for many years with the idea of “Tell us what you need” for Toys for Tots. Each year they have stepped up and helped in many ways, supplying a trailer for toy collection (at times holding the toys in that same business trailer for pickup which might happen several days to a week after the event). Ron and the team while at times away on a business related trip would still have a great representation of their work and team at each event always willing to help in any way asked.
So it seemed natural to talk with Ron and the team about taking on the Toys for Tots and be the new organizer of this great campaign. Knowing Ron for these past years I have come to respect his knowledge, attitude, ideals and most of all passion for the Toys of Tots, while I know he is not a former Leatherneck, Devil Dog, Jarhead, US Marine, he did serve and we all thank him for his service. We feel that the Vengeance Racing Team can not only carry on the traditions but take the event even further in the future.

Ron knows I will help in any way possible but his team lead by David Crunkleton david@vengeance.net will present a fantastic event and one that myself and my co-host can be very proud of. David at Vengeance will be the contact for all things USMC Toys for Tots related and we hope all of you will give them the support you have given us over the years. Please make this year’s USMC Tots for Tots Toy Drive even more successful that the years before.

Personally I would like to thank Ron for all his support and wish him continued success in business while at the same time thank him for taking my baby and letting it more forward in areas I could only hope for.

So in closing look for announcements from David at Vengeance Racing and look forward to another bigger and better USMC Toys for Tots toy drive coming to in the very near future.

Thank you one and all for all the years of support,
Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Toys for Tots - Atlanta, GA