Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Wilmington, NC??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 02:30 AM
paw
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilmington, NC??

Anyone from wilmington? Where can I find a speed shop in the area? Does anyone ever get together and hang out?
Old 11-23-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live right in that area. It is actually a really big town. Little hollywood they call it. Lots of movies filmed there and they have there own studios. I have seen quite a few Ls1's in wilmington but never see a bunch together like you do mustangs. I have lived in this area for a long time and as far as a place to take your modern day engine there is not a single place I can reccomend. I live on an Island were there is nothing but ocean and beer!! and wilmington is the only place you can go to take care of everyday business. I go to the Hooters on Market street on the weekends, sometimes there is car cub type people that hang out there as well but wilmington is a huge biker town and you see them there the most. I have heard the best place to go if you have an Ls1 is carolina auto masters and see Jeff Creech. I have also talked to a few people from Camp lejuene and there is a place called waynes dyno there. That is only about 45 mins. from us. I would really like to see an F-body, Y-body club in Wilmywood.