Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

01 T/a

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 T/a

Lately, I've been selling my T/A. When something goes wrong, (and lately, it's always in the dealer) it's very expensive to fix. But, I had it cleaned up in a custom shop. It's shining so bright that you need sun glasses to look at it. Last weekend, a cop came up to me to compliment it. He waved me through traffic and said that he'd trade his pistol for it. lol. Hey, I have like 9 pistols already. Everytime, I think about selling it, I keep re-falling in love with it.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

LOL, I know what you mean! DON'T SELL though. If I did, I know I would always regret it.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The current F Body that I own has been one of the most trouble free and reliable vehicles that I have ever owned..88,000 miles now and still goimg strong...clutch died at 75,000 but I was surprised it lasted that long...I don't abuse it but hell I bought it to drive it and it is a hot rod..outside of that it has been flawless (relax Nick)..I get compliments on it all the time...seems like everyone on the planet owned one at some time in their lives...hell my windows even go up and down fast...
Old 07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slt200mph
...hell my windows even go up and down fast...
What your windows go up and down ...... much less fast....... WTF mine are horrible replaced 2 motors and had the car 7 months
Old 07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=slt200mph]and it is a hot rod..outside of that it has been flawless (relax Nick)..

Yeah watch it buddy! I'm the only thing Flawless around here!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bklynstanger
Lately, I've been selling my T/A. When something goes wrong, (and lately, it's always in the dealer) it's very expensive to fix. But, I had it cleaned up in a custom shop. It's shining so bright that you need sun glasses to look at it. Last weekend, a cop came up to me to compliment it. He waved me through traffic and said that he'd trade his pistol for it. lol. Hey, I have like 9 pistols already. Everytime, I think about selling it, I keep re-falling in love with it.

First things first, find an independent shop in your area, preferably one filled with car guys and tell the dealer to ***** off sorry Steve
Old 07-29-2005, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=Flawless02SS]
and it is a hot rod..outside of that it has been flawless (relax Nick)..

Yeah watch it buddy! I'm the only thing Flaming queer around here!!!

Geez Nick, you don't have to be so blatant
Old 07-30-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ss rally red
First things first, find an independent shop in your area, preferably one filled with car guys and tell the dealer to ***** off sorry Steve

I am with you on that one for the most part Ken..we unlike all the rest of the Chevy stores have the NUMBER ONE CUSTOMER SERVICE INDEX RATING IN THE REGION FOR OUR SERVICE DEPT....GM CAME OUT AND PRESENTED THE SERVICE DEPT. WITH A BIG PLAQUE.. GM calles up and asked our Corvette techs questions from time to time...they see more Corvettes in a week than most dealers do in a year....take Kens advise on this one man..find out where the gear heads take their cars..
Old 07-30-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Phllppric
What your windows go up and down ...... much less fast....... WTF mine are horrible replaced 2 motors and had the car 7 months

The Chevy Camaro Z 28 (THE ORGINAL) has much better build quality than the T\A (THE AFTER THOUGHT) ... ...my GF has a T\A and her windows are very sloooooow moving...
Old 07-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The T/A is very dependable and squeak , rattle and pop free. I *almost* hate to start modding it.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by badjuju342
The T/A is very dependable and squeak , rattle and pop free. I *almost* hate to start modding it.

Weld in some SFC's and it will stay that way..
Old 07-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Launching!

The Chevy Camaro Z 28 (THE ORGINAL) has much better build quality than the T\A (THE AFTER THOUGHT) ... ...my GF has a T\A and her windows are very sloooooow moving...
Well I have had both, the Trans Am is much better quality wise then my camaro was ...... and just an FYI the phucking window motors are the same in our cars ive got the replacement stuff sitting here looking at them. Part numbers are the same even at autozone so
Old 07-30-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I have had both, the Trans Am is much better quality wise then my camaro was ...... and just an FYI the phucking window motors are the same in our cars ive got the replacement stuff sitting here looking at them. Part numbers are the same even at autozone so

Geeeeze you pups are EZ...I was waiting on a one of ya to jump on that bait... ....I know that the parts are the same but your stuck driving a Pontiac (but much better than a furd)with all those fake lumps and bumps and scoops and wings hanging on it man not me..the Z28 is a clean machine design IMHO... ie "The Orginal"..

PS Next time we meet up I'll show how fast the windows go up and down in a Z28...eat your heart out... (high build quality in action)
Old 07-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Geeeeze you pups are EZ...I was waiting on a one of ya to jump on that bait... ....I know that the parts are the same but your stuck driving a Pontiac (but much better than a furd)with all those fake lumps and bumps and scoops and wings hanging on it man not me..the Z28 is a clean machine design IMHO... ie "The Orginal"..

PS Next time we meet up I'll show how fast the windows go up and down in a Z28...eat your heart out... (high build quality in action)
I had an idea of what you were doing, didnt think you were that stupid but was giving you the benefit of the doubt. IMO seeing a camaro coming at me vs. a Trans Am coming......... sorry to say but I do believe most people I know are more intimidated, and usually see the pontiac leaving them behind.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I had an idea of what you were doing, didnt think you were that stupid but was giving you the benefit of the doubt. IMO seeing a camaro coming at me vs. a Trans Am coming......... sorry to say but I do believe most people I know are more intimidated, and usually see the pontiac leaving them behind.

I know what you mean every time is see one I get real skeeerd... ..if you move off of fantasy island you won't find that hapening...

PS wanna watch my windows sometime...
Old 07-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Launching!

I know what you mean every time is see one I get real skeeerd... ..if you move off of fantasy island you won't find that hapening...

PS wanna watch my windows sometime...

Only if I can you up side the head.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Only if I can you up side the head.

I can see that you are a perminant resident of the island..keep on dreaming dude....
Old 08-05-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update

I was considering my 01 T/A because of having a lot of problems with it. The car died on the highay--the mechanic thought it was the thermostat. The dealer thought it was the "sending unit" and replaced it (thank god it's still under warranty). I went back to the dealer and spoke to the manager. Well, they pretty much took the car apart and saw what the problem was. There was a huge plastic bag that was in the car, preventing the car from breathing properly and causing it to over heat. It was so bad that my A/C wasn't working.

Now, I'm happy to report that the car is running like a champ. I forgot how much power LS1's have. I can't believe that something so little could cause so many problems.