Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Door rubbing fender...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door rubbing fender...HELP

Never happened before but today when I opened my door i heard the front of the door scrub the fender. Its not bad but i know if its not fixed it will only get worse and cost more money. The spot is about 10 inches above where the sidemolding used to be. What is the cause and what is the fix???
Old 07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
Never happened before but today when I opened my door i heard the front of the door scrub the fender. Its not bad but i know if its not fixed it will only get worse and cost more money. The spot is about 10 inches above where the sidemolding used to be. What is the cause and what is the fix???
There are adjustments at the hinges for the doors, but I dont see what could have cause the need to move them
Old 07-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Banned

well i think it might have been because i was parked on a pretty steep hill. I parked the car in a flat spot for a few hours and the problem was fixed. At any rate i think it is time to invest in some subframe connectors. Any recommendations??
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like you neeed some welded in right away..I have the SLP double diamond type..there are brands with simular construction...they tie the two sub frames together but they triangulate with pieces running out to the center of the car...if I jack the car up using them for a lift point it lifts both wheels on the same side off the ground..super stiff..I like them a lot...
Old 08-01-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My trans-am does this. My problem was leaving off the limiter on slicks without subframe connectors. Since then, I've put some weld-in bmf subframe connectors and it doesn't do it anymore.

Cheers.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Banned

I want double diamonds but i dont have the cheddar for them right now? What would be a good place to have them welded in west of ATL? How much to have them welded?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DD's are good SFC's but can be a PITA if you ever wanna go TD's or lower the car.

I run the Global West weld in SFC's and like'm alot. Like Steve's car, if I jack from either end both wheels lift. Also... they tuck up REAL nice. Can't see them unless yer lookin' for them. Reasonable price too. Not sure what they're gettin' to weld them in these days.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Banned

Price for the global west and where to get em?

Quick Reply: Door rubbing fender...HELP