Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anyone go to Greer or Shadyside yesterday?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone go to Greer or Shadyside yesterday?

I wast just wondering what everyone did? And if anyone is goin tonight? Later...
Old 08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
I wast just wondering what everyone did? And if anyone is goin tonight? Later...
I think Tommy went to Greer last night to watch. We are going to Shadyside tonight and watch Brian tear up the track some.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Mike ran an 8.05 last night spinning, he should be able to get in the 7's fairly easy before too long. There was an LT1 car that ran a 6.98 sprayin, that would be a good race for you Steve.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you mean your going to watch? Are you not going to participate with me?

I am actually a little nervous. The time is getting near where the rear will either make it, or everyone will be pushing me back in the trailer.

But on the other hand, its been a long time comming. So I am really excited to beat on it a little. Its been over a year since I have been down the track.

See you all tonight around 7-8 ish.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

You should be fine Brian. Just leave easy if you don't want to break it!
Old 08-26-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

If my car ever get's fixed I will be there. Oh well. I would get beat right now Tommy.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

OK, you guys are going to the track & didn't bother to tell me! Thanks alot! And I'm husbandless this weekend, so I could have went. Oh, well, let me know how it all goes!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TARA02
OK, you guys are going to the track & didn't bother to tell me! Thanks alot! And I'm husbandless this weekend, so I could have went. Oh, well, let me know how it all goes!
lol Sorry Tracie! That's why we post this on the OPEN forum. lol So all knows when we go. lol
Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

Well what happened? I had to wait at work all night to finally get home to read the news and no posts!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Hey Steve, we missed you not being there with us!

Brian was have some issues with his new clutch, not sure why it wasn't engaging correctly. Hope it isn't "toast"! But he still managed a 8.35 @ 87? mph. His best 60 was about 2.05, but he wasn't spinning off the line with his ET Streets. I think if his clutch was doing right, he would have been in the 7s.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

lol Sorry Tracie! That's why we post this on the OPEN forum. lol So all knows when we go. lol
That's ok. I was just joking, sort of. I don't get on here but about once a week, so I'm out of the loop unless you call or email me! What are you up to today?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TARA02
That's ok. I was just joking, sort of. I don't get on here but about once a week, so I'm out of the loop unless you call or email me! What are you up to today?
I'm sorry I didn't call you, we had fun. Where's your hubby this weekend? We aren't doing anything special today, a little resting, a little cleaning, a little resting, lol That new hammock sure feels good!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Man I hope he gets it workin. That was a expensive clutch. Thanks....I missed not being able to go to. But I'm off next week, so I hope the weather holds out again. I might have to go thurs and fri to make up for all the loss times. I need to fix the clutch too. LOL...plug wires feel alot better now.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just got home from a busy day at work.

Anyways the Exedy clutch sucks. Anything over 3500 rpm dump just results in serious clutch slippage. Anything below results in bog. So Monday I have to see it I just eat a 1300 dollar clutch. It also slipped like crazy when I hit second.

So If they don't end up doing anything for me, I will be on a lookout for a clutch that will hold a 5000rpm dump. Right now, the Exedy doesn't. But the plans are to get them to stand behind it.

Thanks to Becky, NL, Sly, Kelly, and my other two for helping and supporting me. My daughter really liked the run down the track. I still remember her face when we left the burnout box. When the car gripped, she did the same thing.

Looks like I have to pull that damn tranny again this winter.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Man sorry to hear. Wish I knew of a fix for ya. I will tell you, this Ram cluch has no slipping. Not a real daily driver clutch for sure. I can't wait to see how it does at the track. But on the bright side. I'm sure she loved it though. My son loves it. That should make up for dissapointment. Sorry again man.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

I'm sorry I didn't call you, we had fun. Where's your hubby this weekend? We aren't doing anything special today, a little resting, a little cleaning, a little resting, lol That new hammock sure feels good!
Hubby went to Durham to set up camp for hunting this fall/winter. I think it starts (bow hunting) in September and then I guess rifle season opens in November or something like that. Anyway, I just goofed off today. The kids went to some friends' house, so I stopped in to see a friend and then went to Wal-mart.

Sorry to hear about the clutch problems. Darrell wanted to take my car down the track in Memphis, and I think I could have took a few of those cars, but I was scared of tearing something up (like clutch or rear end) and having a haul bill all the way from Memphis! No thank you! I do want to give it a run since we put the cam in. Can't go next weekend, we'll be in Murphy. Just keep me posted on the next time you guys are planning on going! And I bought the NHRA drag racing game for Playstation II and I've been practicing on my RT. Man this game is pretty cool. You can be or race against most of the top drivers in funny car, top fuel & pro stock. I need a line lock in my car -- way too cool!
Old 08-27-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
Man sorry to hear. Wish I knew of a fix for ya. I will tell you, this Ram cluch has no slipping. Not a real daily driver clutch for sure. I can't wait to see how it does at the track. But on the bright side. I'm sure she loved it though. My son loves it. That should make up for dissapointment. Sorry again man.
Her smile made my night.

The Exedy is flawless on the street. I am sure that because the tires can spin. Those ET streets, after I did my (NL guided me in) serious burnout, on the 2nd try stuck like super glue. Those puppies were hot and the track was prepped awsome. I guess if the clutch stuck, the rear would have been toast. It dumped over 5500 at least. But I would rather spend the money on a 12 bolt, not a clutch.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys/Gal.....Could it be Shady Side???? Have we been cursed? That track has seemed to get the best of alot of 4th gens lately. LOL
Old 08-27-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Well if you get a buy one get one free sale on the 12 bolt don't forget about poor all me. Well, big prop's from me for ya just puttin that beautiful thing on the track. Now just drive that thing on some nice days and enjoy. Later Brian. I'm on the way back to work now.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Teching In

where is shadyside