Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Rambling thoughts from a misdirected director.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rambling thoughts from a misdirected director.

I meant to post this sooner , but I've been pretty busy. With all of the current events , a lot of folks have been on the edge , myself included. As we all know, the internet can be a pretty screwed up place. You have people like Thacker and a few other people I can think of trying to be badasses behind keyboards and saying terrible things they never would say to your face.
When I first became a mod in this section , I was told this wasn't so much an honor but more of a huge headache. I feel like that statement is wrong. The storm brought out the worst in people and quite a few threads have been locked and removed because of some things said in them. However , the Southern Section has been absolutely outstanding . I haven't seen anything I felt was remotely out of line.
Everyone here pulled together in a time of need and tried to help their fellow members and kept us up on everyone else being ok like Ben & Penny. I bragged on you all in the Mod/Admin lounge and you deserved it. You guys made me proud to moderate this paricular forum and I feel like you all should be commended for a job well done.It says to me the reason why ls1tech is the best damn automotive website on the 'net and always will be.
Anyways , I'll stop before I need a tissue but thank you to all of the regulars in here. You showed me not only are you first class but first class with a good heart . Keep up the good work!

Mike
Old 09-09-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badjuju342
I meant to post this sooner , but I've been pretty busy. With all of the current events , a lot of folks have been on the edge , myself included. As we all know, the internet can be a pretty screwed up place. You have people like Thacker and a few other people I can think of trying to be badasses behind keyboards and saying terrible things they never would say to your face.
When I first became a mod in this section , I was told this wasn't so much an honor but more of a huge headache. I feel like that statement is wrong. The storm brought out the worst in people and quite a few threads have been locked and removed because of some things said in them. However , the Southern Section has been absolutely outstanding . I haven't seen anything I felt was remotely out of line.
Everyone here pulled together in a time of need and tried to help their fellow members and kept us up on everyone else being ok like Ben & Penny. I bragged on you all in the Mod/Admin lounge and you deserved it. You guys made me proud to moderate this paricular forum and I feel like you all should be commended for a job well done.It says to me the reason why ls1tech is the best damn automotive website on the 'net and always will be.
Anyways , I'll stop before I need a tissue but thank you to all of the regulars in here. You showed me not only are you first class but first class with a good heart . Keep up the good work!

Mike

I will definetly second that motion...thanks to everyone for constantly checking on our well-being. I thought once we left ATL we'd never hear from any of ya'll again and everyone has been so gracious and caring. Thanks to all from the bottom of our hearts....

Ben
Old 09-09-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What !!!! are you trying to kill our rep in the moderators lounge,how dare you.....J/K.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Damn it Juju.... we've all worked real hard to make the ATLANTA section what it's become known for......trash talkin' redneckety socially unacceptable behavior...... and here you are talkin' nice.... about us?

I officially order you to cease and dissist any and all positive comments regarding this section and it's members. If not you will be in violation of the fair reporting act and will punished accordingly by your f-body bretheren in this section.

That is all.

Ps.... we like you too.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Well, ok.Consider yourselves scurvy shysters once again.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Geeeeeze... ..the next thing he will be wanting everyone to have a group hug or something real gay.. ..please consider our reputation before you make anymore posts..we have worked long and hard to achieve our rather salty rep...