Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Ride back from the Shootout... Holy Shit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Ride back from the Shootout... Holy ****!

I am one lucky bastard. I could not believe the cop didn't pick me after I hit it with him right behind me. I never saw them until they passed me to take the people in front. Anyone know what happened to those guys? Do they post on here?

I hate cops.

Other than that the shootout was awesome though.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we saw none....rode back and enjoyed the a/c.....it was hot in the car with it off.....after i crossed the finish line i would put the windows down and take my helmet off as soon as i turned off
Old 09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did they get nailed at?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

It was around Macon. I was with like 8 other people. We were going pretty fast and two cops appeared and pulled two of the guys over. The other people just broke apart and escaped for the most part. I got back with a few later on.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yah... some people pulled over and waited.. but I really didn't want to be seen in a pack for a while.. so I just took it nice and slow home.. and around 675 some guys caught up with me...
Old 09-25-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sean and the guy in the firehawk got a 87 in a 65. i thought we were gonna b watching you on the evening news...i was in shock when you floored it past me as im shitting my pants thinking i might b getting a ticket lol. you are amazingly lucky
Old 09-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Yeah, they said they clocked all of us, but just pulled over the 2 leaders of the pack. I talked to sean, he said he got a ticket...i'm not sure if the other guy got a ticket or not...but i would amagine. I saw you duck out, i was hiding behind the semi's and praying that they wouldn't pull me over. They did hit me with lazer though...i was going 85 in a 70...so not too bad, but still, a ticket is a ticket.
but it was great to finally meet you guys and i had a great time riding up there and running my car. If the track would have hooked, i think i would have gotten low 12's. My best was 12.80 at 116. (pewter 02 ws6)
Old 09-25-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ramsoccer11
sean and the guy in the firehawk got a 87 in a 65. i thought we were gonna b watching you on the evening news...i was in shock when you floored it past me as im shitting my pants thinking i might b getting a ticket lol. you are amazingly lucky
Yeah I nearly **** myself when I saw the cop right after I did that.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

We went back the same route we took on the way there, chilled out pace.... No cops.

Sucks Sean and the 'Hawk got tickets, glad that more of you guys didn't.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You know what? It makes me sick when people say they hate cops. I bet you dont hate them when your **** gets stolen or vandalized? Prehaps if you were jumped or ******* robbed at gun point? ******* grow up. Most of the time if you are straight with me I will ACTUALLY LET THEM GO with out a ticket. Dont bullshit us and make up gay stories. Its just so ignorant to say you hate cops. Im sorry I dont mean to rag on you guys that say it.....but I am a cop and after reading it in post after post......the **** gets old.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ss1129
You know what? It makes me sick when people say they hate cops. I bet you dont hate them when your **** gets stolen or vandalized? Prehaps if you were jumped or ******* robbed at gun point? ******* grow up. Most of the time if you are straight with me I will ACTUALLY LET THEM GO with out a ticket. Dont bullshit us and make up gay stories. Its just so ignorant to say you hate cops. Im sorry I dont mean to rag on you guys that say it.....but I am a cop and after reading it in post after post......the **** gets old.
You're right, that's really a bad way to put it. I don't think most people (myself included) say that meaning that they wish cops didn't exist or that they don't appreciate their help. That's really just become a common phrase for a different meaning. It would probably be more accurate to say that "I hate getting caught by the cops for xxx" or "I hate tickets" or something like that.

No offense intended, and yes had I actually gotten a ticket I would have admitted that I fucked up. I'm not saying I should be entitled to a free pass for anything.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't give me that crap. Me and a fellow board member were headed to the track about 6 weeks ago. We were both going 65 in a 55. A cop passed headed in the opposite direction. He made a u-turn, hit his lights and pulled me over. He asked if I new how fast I was going. I said yes sir. He informed me I was going 78 mph. I asked him how fast the car in front of me was going. He said 65. I explained that I had followed him for the last 100 miles and if I were going that much faster I would have hit him. He said I must have been trying to catch up. I then asked him why my radar detector did not go off. He had no answer except to say radar does not lie. I was polite with yes sir and no sir. Never raised my voice. Just asked a few questions. He did tell me that he was not on duty. I have no problem paying for a ticket for speeding. I do have a problem with an *** that gave me a BS ticket. No doubt cops have tough jobs, but if they don't like it there are plenty of other jobs out there the last time I checked.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes i did get a ticket, There is no way he clocked me at 87 i was next to a car and slowed down because i saw everybody hitting the brakes. It was complete BULLSHIT!! The cop said somehting about the "red car that punched it, he said he was hoping you were gonna run so he could slam your ***"

How fast was everybody else going when they passed the cops?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the pewter car and I were only doing like 80 or so.... maybe even less.. we were way back in the pack sorta laying back so we had a lot of time to slow down .. and... I want to know how they clocked us all.. we were in the outside lane... with traffic, tractor trailers, and like 8 cars...
Old 09-26-2005, 07:25 AM
12 Second Club

There is always the exception to everything....including cops. point being is that when I break the law I dont bitch when I get fined for it. Man I got a ticket for 96 in a 65 and that ******* ******* trooper gave me a ticket. Like he didnt have anything better to do with his time. how dare he do his job.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is always the exception to everything....including cops. point being is that when I break the law I dont bitch when I get fined for it. Man I got a ticket for 96 in a 65 and that ******* ******* trooper gave me a ticket. Like he didnt have anything better to do with his time. how dare he do his job.
Yeah when i want your .02 i'll ask for it, oh yeah the cubs SUCK !
Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Banned

I felt bad about 02'Hawk getting the ticket. I told him that on my next paycheck I'd pitch in $50 to help with the fine. It had to have someone behind us that got lasered but 'Hawk and Sean got the bullet. It would be nice if other people could help a bit with those tickets......
Old 09-26-2005, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Firehawk#614
Yeah when i want your .02 i'll ask for it, oh yeah the cubs SUCK !

You are acting like a bitch. BTW the radar picks up the fastest moving vehicle and locks on it.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

it wasn't radar it was "LASER"
Old 09-26-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You are acting like a bitch. BTW the radar picks up the fastest moving vehicle and locks on it.

sorta sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.... how about you get out of the ******* thread and stop starting ****. You are the 2nd finest example of douchebag cops. First there are the ones that act above the law, then there are the a-holes that make a scene when someone says "I hate cops". So drop it, the guy said "I hate cops" was an overstatement, and as for being a dick to the guys who got tickets, you werent even there.. so you wouldn't know... because as a matter of fact, a car did go blowing by the cops... if you had gotten your head out of your *** to realize this, you wouldn't look like such a fool.

Quick Reply: Ride back from the Shootout... Holy Shit!