Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Suspended License

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspended License

Well I already used up 8 of my twelve points in SC by 19 (currently 21 years old). One ticket for 6 point and 800 dollars for 100 in a 55, and another older one for like 6 over and 2 points. I was stopped a month ago by a racist cop who disagreed with having a dark-skinned girl in my car. To make a long story short he cited me for 35 over and 6 points when I was really only about 5 over. My license will be suspended on the 18th of this month.

I was wondering, since I'm going to be moving to Georgia within the next year, if I could just go to the DMV in Savannah and take my license test as if I never had one. Then I could just carry a GA license right? I can set up a bank account online and have them mail me a statement since that is on GA DMV's website for proof of residency. The website says that they ask your social security number to verify only name and date of birth. So, if I don't give my old license number, it is stated on the website that you don't have to if it has been expired over 2 or 3 years prior, then I should be good to go????

???Please Help???
Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go to one of those Saturday defensive driving classes to 4 points back. The real problem is going to be insurance.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Default defensive driving class

I can't find anything on the defensive driving classes online. I would pay go to to one this saturday if that would help. I contacted my local DMV and they were no help. As soon as I said my license was about to be suspended they didn't even want to talk to me. Do you have any information about it? 4 points would help alot!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just look up DD school in your state. They have to have them its a law. The only thing you ahve to do is call the DMV and tell them to give you a # to the nearest DD school. Dont say anything about a suspended liscense. If you can prove the cop was wrong, take that ****** to court. I did it once and won. Just do enough research on the area, alot of pictures of the signs, to show the judge that you really were doing what you say you were.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call the DUI schools. they also have DD driving classes.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I was stopped a month ago by a racist cop who disagreed with having a dark-skinned girl in my car.
How do you know he "disagreed with having a dark-skinned girl in your car"? Just curious.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Default screwed

I was stopped, he leaned down to look through my window and saw the female. He said "OH...OK", ran his hand down the side of my car and asked me to step outside. I asked why, he said to step out. He asked to search my car because he smelled "weed." (I don't even smoke cigs!) I rejected the search and he said we could wait 2 hours for a K-9 unit. Accepted search, he broke my little plastic clips on the spare tire cover (all 3). Went to court, officer said he smelled "weed" so I lost all credibility even after he confirmed that he found nothing. It turned out that the stop was not taped and the judge denied me an extension and a point reduction.

I pressed formal charges, but you should know how that goes. It just gets covered up, he is no longer a city employee because of other charges including mine. Ofcourse a secretary at traffic court says he's part of highway patrol now. So really he just got upgraded.

I found out that I cannot take the driving classes because I am already over the points alloted by 1. I do plan to take it however because I requested a points overview. I should be able to get something dropped if I take the class and show my paperwork for filing charges to the DMV Board. I hope I can get my review before the 18th when my license says bye bye. I also applied for a route restricted license which I know they won't approve because I work all over SC as a residential and sometimes commercial electrician. My company even goes to GA sometimes.

Oh yeah I also have to carry SR-22 after my suspension at $2400 every 6 months for a minimum of 3 years!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

OH Yeah I also meant to say, if you get a ticket that will put you over your limit you can run to the closest state the next day and transfer your license over. It will work. I was talking to the lady at the DMV in Savannah and found out that I was one day too late, my paperwork was already put on file. She said that if you get stopped and show your new license instead of the original it will have a different number and, depending on how cool you DMV girl is, only show your points before the ticket, or not any at all. You will have to take a vision test again and show proof of residency, I told her I went to college in GA and she told me to put a college address down and then I could go online and do an address change to a P.O. box. A PO Box would be alot cheaper than SR-22!!! Also is you have any points take the driving test now! You can also get two tickets in a month and meet an a-hole.

Quick Reply: Suspended License