Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Five-O

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Five-O

Well i'm not sure where i am spposed to postthis since the racers lounge is closed and i figured this wouldn't get any response over here. alright here's my situation. pulling out of a gas station that has one of the nicer car washes and of course where the washed cars pull out is wet. so i'm leaving and someone is about to cut me off so i give it a little to get out of the way and they spin a little and when they hit the dry pavement they squealed a little just a half second chirp no marks or anything. so i pull out of the station and look back and i've got a sheriff on my ***. pull over give him the usual. first time i've been pulled over. so i'm sitting in my car and then another sheriff blocks me in from the front WTF. Then the sheriff that pulls me over proceeds to give me a ticket for reckless operation. This is the first time i've been pulled over so i figured i'd get off with a warning since i didn't do anything really wrong. Any advice on how to get out of this. Thanks guys
Old 06-15-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black99ssm6
Well i'm not sure where i am spposed to postthis since the racers lounge is closed and i figured this wouldn't get any response over here. alright here's my situation. pulling out of a gas station that has one of the nicer car washes and of course where the washed cars pull out is wet. so i'm leaving and someone is about to cut me off so i give it a little to get out of the way and they spin a little and when they hit the dry pavement they squealed a little just a half second chirp no marks or anything. so i pull out of the station and look back and i've got a sheriff on my ***. pull over give him the usual. first time i've been pulled over. so i'm sitting in my car and then another sheriff blocks me in from the front WTF. Then the sheriff that pulls me over proceeds to give me a ticket for reckless operation. This is the first time i've been pulled over so i figured i'd get off with a warning since i didn't do anything really wrong. Any advice on how to get out of this. Thanks guys
Get a lawyer and fight it in court. Good luck with it, sounds like you got dicked.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

yeah my mom does work for a judge in town so i should be able to get it fixed. plus the damn court date is a day after i'm supposed to leave for D.C. thanks for the input
Old 06-15-2006, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Go to court, they usually don't even bother showing up to argue with you. Go to the car wash and take pictures for the judge. Just make a case for yourself and it will get tossed... Will take an hour or two out of your life though, your call on that or paying the ticket. Would it affect your insurance?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

yeah if i payed it would go on my record and the insurance would be astronomical. I already took pics showing water and no marks so i should get out of it. just a pain in the ***. thanks guys
Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got nailed on the interstate by a freakin airplane for doin 86 and i wasnt even passing traffic, people were passin me..i could have payed 30 bucks for the 4 hour drivers corse and had the points taken off and no ins. raise.... pay 170 bucks for the ticket instead of like 190....but i took it to court and had to pay a lawyer 150 bucks who promised to settle in my behafe or no charge, 130 somethin for court costs 90 bucks for the judge ordered advanced drivers course (which was 8 hours by the way), and adjunction was with held ......so i spent almost 400 bucks and 8 hours of my time instead of 200 and 4 hours... i got screwed, and the dick lawyer said he settled in my favor cause there were no points issued, which i could have done in half the time and money with the 4 hour coarse....so be careful w/ these get out of a ticket scams (most lawyers are conmen with a degree)....

and i think you should have got a warning but i wasnt there so......
Old 06-15-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

get a lawyer same thing happened to me at a sonic Sheriffs think their tha ****, i would rather give my money to a lawyer than to pay **** head sheriffs salary!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by presto_z
i got nailed on the interstate by a freakin airplane for doin 86 and i wasnt even passing traffic, people were passin me..i could have payed 30 bucks for the 4 hour drivers corse and had the points taken off and no ins. raise.... pay 170 bucks for the ticket instead of like 190....but i took it to court and had to pay a lawyer 150 bucks who promised to settle in my behafe or no charge, 130 somethin for court costs 90 bucks for the judge ordered advanced drivers course (which was 8 hours by the way), and adjunction was with held ......so i spent almost 400 bucks and 8 hours of my time instead of 200 and 4 hours... i got screwed, and the dick lawyer said he settled in my favor cause there were no points issued, which i could have done in half the time and money with the 4 hour coarse....so be careful w/ these get out of a ticket scams (most lawyers are conmen with a degree)....

and i think you should have got a warning but i wasnt there so......
i got clocked by a helicopter...i know the feeling

Quick Reply: Five-O