Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anyone in Atlanta wanna trade my 4.11 geared differential for a 3.42-3.23?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Atlanta wanna trade my 4.11 geared differential for a 3.42-3.23?

The rear in my car is dead quiet!!!! I really dont want to sell-out, but because of the turbos I need a taller gear to load the engine for boost. I'm not interested in junk, if you have a rear that you know is bad please don't waste my time.

My entire housing was sanded and painted in rustoleum semi-goss black. Very clean and again... dead quiet which is rare with 4.11 gears. (Motives)

If somebody has a rear that is under 40k miles and is dead quiet I'm willing to swap... and I'll need $150 also. This is the great deal for some lucky person. Pm or post to let me know. ~Joshua
Old 07-08-2006, 06:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a gear change and then sell your gears. Ill sell you some 3.23 or 3.42 for 20 bux
Old 07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cablebandit
just get a gear change and then sell your gears. Ill sell you some 3.23 or 3.42 for 20 bux
I might just take you up on that.

It's a shame to take these 4.11's out though, they're set up perfectly. Just seeing if somebody out there wanted an attractive offer.

Thanks Jerry, we'll it's time to go out and wrench on the money pit.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

That is a tempting deal you bring forth to the table

My car only has 15,600 or something on it right now. Factory SS rear. What's the mileage on yours? Damn...I just don't know if I feel like forking out a buck and a half...Or taking the brakes off and all for that matter

EDIT: Whoa...I just realized this. This is post # 411 for me. Could it be a sign?!?!
Old 07-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
That is a tempting deal you bring forth to the table

My car only has 15,600 or something on it right now. Factory SS rear. What's the mileage on yours? Damn...I just don't know if I feel like forking out a buck and a half...Or taking the brakes off and all for that matter

EDIT: Whoa...I just realized this. This is post # 411 for me. Could it be a sign?!?!
The rear was purchased from another Firehawk owner in New York. (His weekend car) He had the gears installed in his car (which was set up by an old man in the gear biz for 35 years). He sold it because he bought a 9 inch rear.

I paid $550 including freight to get this rear at my door step.

He had 4k miles on it when he sold it, and I've driven about 2k miles. I've had a T/A girdle on it the whole time(which isn't part of the deal) So the gears and posi have about 6k miles on them give or take.

A part of the deal is that I will swap the diffs for you if you like. I can have the whole swap done in about 2 hours. You keep the brakes that are on your car. I think this is a killer deal all things considered.

<== Take a look at my trader rating. I explain everything and I honor what I say. If you have a problem with this rear or for any reason you're unhappy within one week of the swap I will take it back no questions asked.

No pressure... I just wanted you to know the whole picture. ~Joshua
Old 07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

How soon are you in need of the new rear? I still need some more time to think about it. And now that I am wanting to get a fairly large cam, I think the 4.11's may be in need
Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

How soon are you in need of the new rear? I still need some more time to think about it. And now that I am wanting to get a fairly large cam, I think the 4.11's may be in need
I'm knee deep in parts with this turbo install ... literally.

I hope to have the turbos/engine back together one week from now. Once the car is rolling around, I'm going to get these gears changed come hell or high water!

This is one of the quietest 4.11 installs I've ever heard, it's a shame to take the gears out to put others in. I'd rather somebody got to use the whole assembly. Plus the whole housing was painted rustoleum black so it looks as good as it runs.

If you do get this rear you won't be disappointed!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Launching!

ive got a 99 trans am with 3.42 54k miles. I'm about 2 hours from atlanta... i know its more miles than you were looking for but id be up for it.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ClemsonT/A
ive got a 99 trans am with 3.42 54k miles. I'm about 2 hours from atlanta... i know its more miles than you were looking for but id be up for it.
I'll keep you in mind... I appreciate the interest. Keep your eye on this thread, at a day or two's notice I'll post that it's time. I'll be ready as soon as the turbos are spoolin' about one week from now.

If somebody comes up with less miles that would be a strong preferrence, but 54k miles isn't too bad. Thanks, ~Joshua
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I'm knee deep in parts with this turbo install ... literally.

I hope to have the turbos/engine back together one week from now. Once the car is rolling around, I'm going to get these gears changed come hell or high water!

This is one of the quietest 4.11 installs I've ever heard, it's a shame to take the gears out to put others in. I'd rather somebody got to use the whole assembly. Plus the whole housing was painted rustoleum black so it looks as good as it runs.

If you do get this rear you won't be disappointed!
I thought I would be getting the entire assembly if I went through with it...?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

I thought I would be getting the entire assembly if I went through with it...?
Yeah.... that's what I'm talking about, from axle to axle except we keep the brakes/backing plates (ten minute swap) that was on the car when you drove up.

I want to keep my T/A girdle and brakes (polished calipers) , but other than that it will be a total swap. It should take 2 hours to take your whole assembly out of your car and have the 4.11 assembly ready to rock & roll.

p.s.- in addition to the T/A girdle, I've used Royal Purple gear oil (the best shock protection) since I took ownership.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Yeah.... that's what I'm talking about, from axle to axle except we keep the brakes/backing plates (ten minute swap) that was on the car when you drove up.

I want to keep my T/A girdle and brakes (polished calipers) , but other than that it will be a total swap. It should take 2 hours to take your whole assembly out of your car and have the 4.11 assembly ready to rock & roll.

p.s.- in addition to the T/A girdle, I've used Royal Purple gear oil (the best shock protection) since I took ownership.
Where are you located and when do you need it done? I am on the south-side of Lake Lanier in Buford. Just let me know.
-Tyler
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Where are you located and when do you need it done? I am on the south-side of Lake Lanier in Buford. Just let me know.
-Tyler
I think it would be best if I went ahead and did this with you. I can't do it until after this weekend. My family and myself are leaving to go out of town until Monday or something, so I can't do it until then. But just PM me when you're ready and $150 will be in your hand.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Banned

Talking

I think it would be best if I went ahead and did this with you. I can't do it until after this weekend. My family and myself are leaving to go out of town until Monday or something, so I can't do it until then. But just PM me when you're ready and $150 will be in your hand.
I sent you my cell phone number in a Pm. My car is buried in the garage right now so it's not the best time to do the swap. The middle of next week should be perfect. Call me when you get back and we'll settle the details then.

I appreciate you, thanks again. ~Joshua
Old 07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been in the firehawk and I can tell you for sure that the only noise coming from a rear end isnt the cars
Old 07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
I have been in the firehawk and I can tell you for sure that the only noise coming from a rear end isnt the cars
That sounded kinda ghey

I don't get it DJ.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Banned

pending trade.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

n e news on this?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im pretty sure he gave his rearend to another member on here months ago
Old 12-27-2006, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
Im pretty sure he gave his rearend to another member on here months ago
Hey watch this one he loves to give his rear end to other guys if ya catch my drift.