Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

fed up with work

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fed up with work

ive been working at this new job for about 6 months now. its been going ok since i started doing something different here but pay really really sucks. i found out today im making almost $4 less then some other people that are doing less! it looks like its time for sean to be getting a raise or im out of here.

anyone in NW atl. know of any decent openings?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

hey im dealing with the same S$#t man,
Old 07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive been saying the same thing for 27yrs. To late for me now. I hate time clocks.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

I don't wanna hear it about getting payed crap to do a lot of work lol. Every day I work in the accounting office, customer service desk, cashier, bag groceries, and deal with bitchy customers. I do basically everything that there is to do in the store in a day, am titled as a "supervisor", work 40+ hours per week, have been there over 3 years, and still get paid a little over $6 per hour. Just can't complain too much since it's less than a mile from my neighborhood and they are VERY flexible with my school schedule.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

where do you work out1aw, i work at publix and that sounds just like publix, but i stock there.... its hell, i leave out of there feeling like i just ran 10 miles non stop
Old 07-17-2006, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

thats b/c your working at kroger david :p they're not gonna pay a 17yo crap. im in the same boat though. i work 40+hrs a week as a production opperater, sometimes staying till 1am. i get the shaft on my days off, right now they are monday and tuesday, and i work 3-11pm. i am the youngest person at my work but i know/do as much as people who have been there years. today i was showing my manager how to do something :jerkit: i was talking to a girl today who takes customers orders and gets paid $9 something an hr.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Out1aw
I don't wanna hear it about getting payed crap to do a lot of work lol. Every day I work in the accounting office, customer service desk, cashier, bag groceries, and deal with bitchy customers. I do basically everything that there is to do in the store in a day, am titled as a "supervisor", work 40+ hours per week, have been there over 3 years, and still get paid a little over $6 per hour. Just can't complain too much since it's less than a mile from my neighborhood and they are VERY flexible with my school schedule.
Keep in mind it's up to you what your time at work is worth. If your not satisfied with the pay, dont work for it, or ask for a raise. Yes, ASK for a raise, you'd be surprised. There IS a higher paying job out there, but it may not necessarily be what your looking for.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Keep in mind it's up to you what your time at work is worth. If your not satisfied with the pay, dont work for it, or ask for a raise. Yes, ASK for a raise, you'd be surprised. There IS a higher paying job out there, but it may not necessarily be what your looking for.
I make completely stupid money. I also work at least 65 hours per week. Fat paychecks are nice but it sucks having no time to spend them. I sleep on the weekends just trying to catch up. Sometimes, more money isn't better.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Sean, I have an opening...In the beach chair to my left.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Launching!

dont feel bad, i think i'm the lowest paid experienced nurse at the hospital i work at. i was under the impression when i stared nursing that 3 years in you should easily be clearing $40K.... i'm just hitting that....
Old 07-17-2006, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
i'll take its, does PCB have a college...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 00 YEAH
dont feel bad, i think i'm the lowest paid experienced nurse at the hospital i work at. i was under the impression when i stared nursing that 3 years in you should easily be clearing $40K.... i'm just hitting that....
hell i been at my company for 12yrs now and i dont even hit that yet. and i do 3 diff departments work....
Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Veteran

SOLD!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99SeanWS6
i'll take its, does PCB have a college...

Gulf Coast and FSU.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Gulf Coast and FSU.
ill be down next week, all i need is a place to stay
Old 07-17-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DietCoke
DITTO i worked for sHITTY autozone for about 11/2 yrs and i hated that crap so i quit and i work with my dads builder its hard work but you cant beat the free lunches and awesome pay.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

paid holidays and company vehicle ftw! :p
Old 07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been working in the IT business for over 10 years now and have learned a lot from working. The one thing I can tell you that it's not all about the $. I used to chase that dollar and work crappy shifts and what not, but I now have what I call "the perfect job". 7AM - 3:30PM M-F, no weekends period. I'm not a manager or responsible for other people's screw up, however I am a Sr. Network Security Engineer.

I have never aspired to be a manager or follow the management track (although it pays more). I have an excellent salary and don't get paid by the hour. I have what I think is an excellent schedule.

You must remeber that you agreed to work at X company for XYZ salary, so remember that when you want your raise. You need to get the amount of $ going into the job, not on said promises that they have given you.

Finding the balance between salary, hours (for work and family), and responsibility is what you need to seek.

Cheers.

Don't forget to acquire a marketable skill
Old 07-18-2006, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by m1key99WS6
I've been working in the IT business for over 10 years now and have learned a lot from working. The one thing I can tell you that it's not all about the $. I used to chase that dollar and work crappy shifts and what not, but I now have what I call "the perfect job". 7AM - 3:30PM M-F, no weekends period. I'm not a manager or responsible for other people's screw up, however I am a Sr. Network Security Engineer.

I have never aspired to be a manager or follow the management track (although it pays more). I have an excellent salary and don't get paid by the hour. I have what I think is an excellent schedule.

You must remeber that you agreed to work at X company for XYZ salary, so remember that when you want your raise. You need to get the amount of $ going into the job, not on said promises that they have given you.

Finding the balance between salary, hours (for work and family), and responsibility is what you need to seek.

Cheers.

Don't forget to acquire a marketable skill

i understand what you mean. one thing about it is that i was initally hired as a way lower position but alot of people have left recently so i moved up, but w/o a pay increase. they changed my hours and the days i worked without asking. even though im getting paid less then people below me it pays for what i need to pay for. being in school i have some money my parents set aside for living ans what not but if i had to pay for my living, my working arrangement would not work at all.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

sean saw my job, i was sweating in an air conditioned building LOL.... i guess its better than kroger by the looks of this thread considering i make 10$