Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Need Exhaust Shop in South Charlotte

Old 09-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Exhaust Shop in South Charlotte

Short Version:
I need a reliable exhaust shop in the South Charlotte/Rock Hill area to adjust/correct/rebuild my QTP-Catted Y pipe. Can't go to the corporate shops (Midas, Meineke) because they don't want the liability.

Long Version:
About a month ago I put on the QTP headers and Catted Y, and while I'm pround of being able to accomplish it, just like 99.5% of the other people who got the Catted-Y and put it on in the driveway, mine hangs way too low. It scrapes on every other speed bump and road humps, so I drive to avoid them, avoid dips in the road as much as I can, and I have yet to try railroad tracks. I took it to one mechanic, who helped me get a little better clearance, but the damn thing is starting to sag again, especially at the passenger side flange and the the 4"-3" reducer.

If I could find someone who could reliably get this system up high enough without it bouncing off the body, I would prefer to do that. Barring that, I'm tempted to just take it somewhere to have a whole new setup built, but either way I don't know any reliable, non-corporate owned, exhaust shops in the area (South Charlotte/Pineville/Matthews/Rock Hill).

Also, if anybody has an idea of what this would cost me, either way, it would be appreciated. Parts, labor, etc.

On the plus side, the SOTP dyno says that I've got a hell of a lot more low-end and the sound, especially ~2500-5000 RPM at WOT sounds like I'm about to kill someone. I love it!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have a shop in charlotte. its called accessory world. we can do exhaust and more. we are on albemarle road close to independence. call me at the shop and we can talk some stuff over. 704-537-4004. my name is brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Exhaust Shop in South Charlotte