Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Chicago Calling

Old 10-01-2006, 11:44 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Chicago Calling

Anybody from Batesville AR. I watching NASCAR RACE DAY live. They did a little thing about Mark Martin #6 which I have been a fan of since I was in my early teens. I'm sorry to say that he has never been the CHAMP but will always be to me. I want to know if anybody has been to his museum? My parent's have retired down in Hot Springs Village AR. They have been going down there for about five years looking to retire. They have baught a house on a lake there and really love it. Does anyone know how far apart it might be between the two. Also is there a dragstrip close to hot springs village? I plan on going down as soon as I get a chance and would like to pre-schedule some non-parent RNR! Any input would be great. Also if you would like to hook up that would be cool as well. What other racing activity is happening down there? I pretty much enjoy it all and have built transmissions for most all. Please let me know guy's and look forward to possibly meeting some of you. Vince

Last edited by FLT; 10-03-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about Arkansas (AR)?? I know where Hot Springs is, about 1 hour from Little Rock. Not sure on Batesville though. There is quite a lot of racing that goes on in LR. The nearest track that I know of is Centerville which is a 1000' or Memphis is 2 hours away. There are plenty of people that would love to hang out. Actually getting together a lot of LS1 guys and others to do a track night on the 26th of October at Memphis. Should be a great time with some crazy cars.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-members/584537-memphis-26-oct-let-s-see-some-ls1-s.html

I'm an idiot....of course you mean Arkansas. Anyway, hope you can join us for the cruise over. I'd be willing to show you around the area for a small fee (a level 4 or better tranny) . But yeah, there is some action in the area. There are quite a few turbo, H/C and nitrous cars in the area that are pretty sick. And Hot Springs is a nice place. Check out McClards BBQ joint.....world famous and none better . Hope to see you around.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:42 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Thanks for the reply. It might be awhile but I will let you know when I plan the trip. In a couple of months I hope. I will let you know. I did hear that the track is about a hour away. I was told that it is a 1000 foot track. Also was told that batesville is about 3 hours from my folks place. I guess I'll have a little road tip from there but it would be cool to go see Marks new museum. Look forward to meeting you boy's down there. I don't think that I will make for the 26th but have fun.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Cool, just post up when you are coming down.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

I will probably be coming down around X-mas. I will post when I know for sure.

Search this Thread