Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Vengeance Tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vengeance Tuning...

Has anyone had their cars tuned at Vengeance Racing in Cummings Ga.? Looking for a good shop in Ga. to do some tuning for me.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can do it...
Old 10-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Teching In

heard they were good people
Old 10-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

I had a thread awhile back showing how I gained 40 hp/tq with a dyno tune when they were still with GMMG.
I had to take the car back to 'em (SES lights), but they were good to work with, so it wasn't a problem. I saw their new shop at the same time. Looks top shelf, I wish I had access to it.

I recomend buying hp tuners and a fast laptop and getting a real street tune that covers part throttle fuel trims, spark advance at any point you choose. At the very end you do the wide open throttle tuning and you're dead on everywhere. You can re-tune when your set-up changes.

Dyno tunes only do wide throttle tuning, codes, spark, fans, etc. You'd have to spend more $ to have someone drive your car around for a day to make it "perfect." It takes time.

Vengeance would get the phone call when my engine comes apart, so that lets you know that a dyno tune is no problem.

Call 'em!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks. Im more mechanical inclined than I am familiar with the computer aspect of my car. Is hp Tuners beginner friendly. If so, thanks for your input.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

It's not hard to learn.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

We will be glad to help you out with your vehicle.

Also, Firehawk made several good points in this post. This is why once we are done on the dyno we hit the streets and do a comprehensive street tune to back up the dyno tune. In the past this has been hard to accomplish using someone elses dyno 45 minutes away. Now that we have our own dyno and are 100% dedicated to Vengeance tuning gets ALOT more time/attention.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah Ron and Mike are definitely good people. Known them for a while. Both have helped me out on many occasions.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I recomend buying hp tuners and a fast laptop and getting a real street tune that covers part throttle fuel trims, spark advance at any point you choose. At the very end you do the wide open throttle tuning and you're dead on everywhere. You can re-tune when your set-up changes.

Dyno tunes only do wide throttle tuning, codes, spark, fans, etc. You'd have to spend more $ to have someone drive your car around for a day to make it "perfect." It takes time.

Vengeance would get the phone call when my engine comes apart, so that lets you know that a dyno tune is no problem.

Call 'em!
Ditto. If you plan on doing more mods HPT is the way to go IMHO.

Vengeance can fix you up I'm sure...if you're done moding going forward they can take good care of you. I hear they really know these LSx cars pretty well.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Definatly recommend Vengeance, they are tuning my corvette as we speak. Very nice shop and they have some nasty rides in there.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

i got my formula tuned there a few months ago, they were nice people and they got my car in there pretty quick, and were nice enough to tune it on a saturday , which most places will not do.
if you do alot of modding and need a retuning alot , they are good to go with, the first tuning price covers retunes , so you only pay for dyno time after that.
btw i need to take my car back there for a retune since it's getting a major change to the engine soon.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Banned

^^ Hey, long time no see.

What your plan for the Formula? ~Joshua
Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
^^ Hey, long time no see.

What your plan for the Formula? ~Joshua
if i told you , i'd have to kill you
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guy more and more I see tuning threads on who is tuning with what and why. And this is better than that and so on and so on.

Here is my professional opinion on Tuning with the 3 major software guys out there.

Basically you have 3 LS1edit, HP, EFI

I have tuned with all three and here is the difference

LS1 edit--- Not as pretty and easy to use as HP or EFI but can easily get the job done. I use a Tech 2 to do all my scanning, mapping, fuel trims ect... Most people do not understand this because a real GM Tech 2 is around $3500 loaded with everything you need. It works great especially if you know what your doing. So when people say if you use LS1edit you can not do scanning ect.. Well you can data log all day if you want and tune just fine.

HPTuners--- Pretty graphs, data logging, easier to use. I think HPtuners is great. It simplifies things and is easier for most guys to pick up on tuning.

EFI Live---IMO It is equall to HPTuners in many ways but they are suppose to release their V2 Version and when that comes out I will be tuning with EFI Live and not LS1 edit or HP.

I have tuned with LS1edit for years and have done more data logging than most people can imagine but mostly on Large Cube motors. I have HPTuners when it was the craze and I still have a ton of credits but I just prefer to use LS1edit most of the time because I have Unlimited Software with them and always have. I will probably be going with EFI Lives newest version to be released in a few weeks here. I honestly think this new setup will be the best yet.

And if someone wants to drop there car off for 2-3 days I will make sure the fuel trims are perfect but most cars do not need that kind of tuning with simple Heads/Cams and bolt-ons and not to mention customers don't want to lose there car for 2-3days. All of our Big Cube motors get atleast 2-3 days of driving, logging and tuning before the customer gets their car back. When fuel systems change especially injectors the fuel trims need major attention. Then after 500 or so miles we get the car back go over it with the customer and make sure it is running the way they want it.

We also offer a 1 time tune price and after that all you pay for is dyno time. Now does anybody else do that HELL NO!!! We do our best to take care of everybody and take care of any concerns or questions. We invented the one time tune price and free updates. I am sure some guys on this board can give you some stories of guy ripping them off for a small change or update.

Sorry to drag this out but it seems the last few weeks there has been all this bickering over tuning. You have these guy who tune with one type of software and say it is the best but they have no real hands on experience with other setups. Until you have tuned atleast 5 cars with each type of software don't make assumptions on what is better or worse. The end result is what matters not how you get there. I have seen cars tuned perfectly with all 3.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

I reccomend Vengeance for tuning also. They did a great job on my Cammed LS1 and will be taking the Z06 for dyno tuning also once I'm done with my 1st round of mods!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Definetly give Vengeance a big Thumbs Up! They have done all the work and tuning on my car, and I LOVE IT!!! Wish I were still living in Georgia so they could continue to help me with future mods.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 770boy
Definatly recommend Vengeance, they are tuning my corvette as we speak. Very nice shop and they have some nasty rides in there.

You have a very nice car by the way, I gave it a whole lot of looks while I was in the shop last weekend with my buddy who has the 03 EB Z06.

Top notch service, people, work...everthing. I have been in alot of shops and seen alot of work and I can attest to the fact that they leave no issue unresolved and no bolt toqued incorrectly. These guys know their stuff, have a an excellent work ethic, and are as honest as they come. They really are a top notch shop and have some very nice and strong cars to prove it as well as a great deal of very happy current as well as future customers...namely me.

Last edited by Whitten; 10-05-2006 at 04:13 PM.