Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Bling bling

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not yet.... it may be in the forcast down the road.. I've got enough room to fit these... but... I may want to go wider at some point... its just baby steps.. the door is there... my fab skills are not at this point...
Old 03-03-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn i wish i was a poor college kid like Roy....
Old 03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yah... this has broke me(the rear and wheels), even though I got the rear wholesale.... I won't be doing anymore car related stuff for a while.... unless my money tree sprouts.....but really the parents giving me a full ride and roof over my head through college helps a lot... that way I can pour it all into my slow *** junk.... I will probably have to sell my junk when I have to find my own place to live... unless I can find some kind of swank job
Old 03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ba78ta
yah... this has broke me(the rear and wheels), even though I got the rear wholesale.... I won't be doing anymore car related stuff for a while.... unless my money tree sprouts.....but really the parents giving me a full ride and roof over my head through college helps a lot... that way I can pour it all into my slow *** junk.... I will probably have to sell my junk when I have to find my own place to live... unless I can find some kind of swank job
welcome to the shitty real world....
Old 03-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ba78ta
I'll sell you some seeds off of mine...

Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

bringing this back from the dead ...i want to see pics of these wheels
Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My brother-in-law and I just put a Dana S60 in his TA about a month ago. The gears were setup wrong and whined (they sent us a new ring and pinion) and the cover leaks (gaskets suck).

We took it to Eatonton(1/8th mile strip) on MT ET Street Radials and now all of the driver side wheel studs are bent.

That being said its a tough rear-end, I would recommend the aluminum cover, and go ahead and get better wheel studs (they're actually 120,000 PSI bolts from strange).

I would still recommend it over a 12 bolt and a 9 inch for the strength of it's Posi for a street car. We were leaving @ 5500.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned

what kind of power are you making.
the rear might have strenght. but if you don't need 35 spline. you are just robbing power.

Quick Reply: Bling bling