Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Magic Nitto's.. You can Hook 700+ On the Street

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL I said it too. just not out loud. Chris's head is big enough.. lol
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1civic
I thought this was Funny.... Magic Nitto's that Hook over 700+ WHP on The Street... He Claims to OutRun a GSX-R 1000 from a Light and Hooks on His Nitto's in 1st and 2nd... I think we all Need these Tires... .. Need feed back on this....

Here is the Link:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...d.php?t=126965

I love my magic nitto's
I beat a 07 GSX-R 1000 too.

My buddy (02SSLE) has a 700 plus whp turbo 6 speed. his car will spin about ten feet from a dig and then its all about hang the **** on He has MAGIC NITTO's also.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I wasn't the only one to do this.

Originally Posted by 02402RAMAIR
I love my magic nitto's
I beat a 07 GSX-R 1000 too.

My buddy (02SSLE) has a 700 plus whp turbo 6 speed. his car will spin about ten feet from a dig and then its all about hang the **** on He has MAGIC NITTO's also.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

I have the Magic Nitto's , I think it's a special batch from Nitto tho. They hook unbeleiveable for street tires.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

I'd just like to invite the Civic *** to KMDYF...
And yeah, Jerry, get video of his ride in your car, I'd like to see him scream like a girl.
BTW bitch, we rode by your house again yesterday and no signs of you, 'cept an engine hoist and used slick in the sideyard. If I didn't know better, I'd think you're avoiding me!

Go home Civic boy, Chris' car makes more power in the window motor than yous **** does at peak.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know and maybe it's just me, but I've been to plenty of tracks, plenty of times and never have seen a GSXR 1000 trap 140+ mph.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that I have magic nittos...everytime I hit the gas the jolly green giant comes out and tells me how slow my car is...then reminds me to eat my vegetables...
Old 07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
I'd just like to invite the Civic *** to KMDYF...

Go home Civic boy, Chris' car makes more power in the window motor than yous **** does at peak.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:03 PM
9 Second Club

Damn TravASS. We were gone to Conyers in the dually to get some old damn patio furniture from Tracys parents that i gotta sand/paint. On top of that...we both left our cell phones here but i didnt have any missed calls. You gotta call and let me know you are coming into town....you know Tracy has my nutz in her purse and I have to plan around my honey-do list!!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

i have a 2006 r6 and have ran it out at centerville, and the absolute best time i could get (without throwing the bike out from under me on launch) was a 9.23 1000 foot....and i have been riding since i was about 4 years old....(started out motocross)....i know that a 600 is diffrent from a 1000, but i know for a fact that on a track a car will hook ten times better than a bike..u have 2 wheels to the ground, instead of one.....i think u guys just need to grab up a gsxr 1000 and hunters ride and head out to the track......i have no doubt in my mind that the car would come out on top....hey 1civic if u have never riden a gsxr 1000 to its max come holla at me ill let ya ride one......
Old 07-08-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XxWs6MaNxX
i have a 2006 r6 and have ran it out at centerville, and the absolute best time i could get (without throwing the bike out from under me on launch) was a 9.23 1000 foot....and i have been riding since i was about 4 years old....(started out motocross)....i know that a 600 is diffrent from a 1000, but i know for a fact that on a track a car will hook ten times better than a bike..u have 2 wheels to the ground, instead of one.....i think u guys just need to grab up a gsxr 1000 and hunters ride and head out to the track......i have no doubt in my mind that the car would come out on top....hey 1civic if u have never riden a gsxr 1000 to its max come holla at me ill let ya ride one......
street and track are totally different! and why would hunter lie about something like this? its not like no one has ever seen his car... or no one knows who built the kit/the engine/the driveline.... this car is out there... if his car is a litereater, so be it... it may not beat all of them, but it beat this one... end of story
Old 07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ba78ta
street and track are totally different! and why would hunter lie about something like this? its not like no one has ever seen his car... or no one knows who built the kit/the engine/the driveline.... this car is out there... if his car is a litereater, so be it... it may not beat all of them, but it beat this one... end of story

First of all i wasnt in any way saying that the bike would win.......i think that his car with the current setup, with the numbers that he claims to have would beat the bike...sorry if i made u mad dude, i wasnt tyrin to.....i was actually defending his story...i dont know him and i dont know the people that built his kit/engine/driveline, all i know is that he has a kik *** ride, and the guys that made it seem to be pretty good at what they do...And i know also that a track and street are totally different....it wouldnt be hard for his car to beat the gsxr from a 15mph roll and if u have ever riden a gsxr 1000 u would know that they have 3 power modes also.....
Old 07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I'll put money on his car over that bike..
As far as Drag Radials hookin on the street.. I have blown up a Rear End and a Tranny in one hit on a LT1 with 340rwhp using MT ET Streets on a regular road messing around..and that was with Stock Suspension also.
Something must of worked right somewhere..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Damn TravASS. We were gone to Conyers in the dually to get some old damn patio furniture from Tracys parents that i gotta sand/paint. On top of that...we both left our cell phones here but i didnt have any missed calls. You gotta call and let me know you are coming into town....you know Tracy has my nutz in her purse and I have to plan around my honey-do list!!

No big deal, I didn't try to call. I was just out that way givin' Mel the tour of the old 'hood. I'll look ya up near the end of the month when we're back up.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
NEW
Staging Lane

I have several times thrased Gsxs, rr's on the street here in norway, both on roll, and from zero.

I use Nitto's, half hook on 1st, dead hook on 2nd with warm tires.

RSGear T56, and 12 bolt 4,10. The tranny has held up good, yet..
Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Teching In

I think you guys scared the boy off. We shall never see 1civic again. It's a shame too cuz he was just too stupid for his own good. That makes for great fun.

But anyways I agree Chris's setup is disgusting and i don't think he'd have any kind of issues torching any litre bike that is not turbo'd. Whether it be from a dig with a soft launch or from a slow roll.

It also boils down to rider ability, but again that point has been made tons of times. I can't even explain how hard it was to keep the front tire of my ZX9R down ni the first 4 gears after boring and stroking the motor and sheding abut 50 pounds from the bike. And I know the new litre bikes make more power than my ZX9 did. so it's not just the launch it's every gear shift and knowing the bike well enough to keep the front tire down at all times when racing from a dig or slow roll. Oh well just pitching in my $.02.

-Kevin
Old 07-09-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

First of all i wasnt in any way saying that the bike would win.......
i dont think he meant to quote you
Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

i'm in chris u wana give it a run.i got a 06 gixxer 1k.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

First of all i wasnt in any way saying that the bike would win.......i think that his car with the current setup, with the numbers that he claims to have would beat the bike...sorry if i made u mad dude, i wasnt tyrin to.....i was actually defending his story...i dont know him and i dont know the people that built his kit/engine/driveline, all i know is that he has a kik *** ride, and the guys that made it seem to be pretty good at what they do...And i know also that a track and street are totally different....it wouldnt be hard for his car to beat the gsxr from a 15mph roll and if u have ever riden a gsxr 1000 u would know that they have 3 power modes also.....
only the 07 has 3 power settings. and all it is one is for say a gas saver and one for high rpm track only racing and the other is for the normal 1k on the street deal.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

i took both my bikes to lagrange a few weeks ago.i got a 7.40 out of my 06 r6 and a 6.89@115 on my gixxer 1000 stock.the only reason i didnt et better then that was because i could'nt keep it down.hell the first pass i did a 7.55@90 something in first gear i never shifted because it kept coming up.when i got the 6.89 out of it i was shifting way to early to stay out of any real power so i could keep it down.the one time i did finally get it to stay down it speed wabled on me so i had to let out of it 3/4 the way down and still got a 6.95 out of it.i can put my bike in the 5's for $2k. but if u guy's can get cris to race this weekend i will give it a shot but i am leaving for work sunday or monday and want be back in town for a while.

Quick Reply: Magic Nitto's.. You can Hook 700+ On the Street