Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Centerville 07/21/2007 Efi Shootout Anybody Going???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Centerville 07/21/2007 Efi Shootout Anybody Going???

IS ANY BODY GOING TO THE EFI SHOOT OUT IN CENTERVILLE THIS WEEKEND IS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE??? I WILL BE THERE AS LONG AS I DON'T BREAK ANYTHING ELSE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell i just get to watch! This motor project is making me miss alot of good racing! Plus them stang boys are going to try and get the ones running vic jr intakes like me and shane kicked out of EFI cause they are not factory type So i got to be there to argue my point! lol
Shane and Frank ill need yalls help to of this cause they already talked to wanye and he agreed but ill try my damndest to make his mind change!

Last edited by juicedls1; 07-18-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Teching In

will be there.......will be running the 5.0L

can any of the LS-1's .....give the stangs a run this time ?????
Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

In Centervilles EFI class what are the Regulations?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

I will be there.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

nothing any different than aftermarket intakes on 5.0's
Old 07-18-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

just like a bunch of Mustang guys to cry a river when things are about to get interesting.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john@dyno
will be there.......will be running the 5.0L

can any of the LS-1's .....give the stangs a run this time ?????
Haha, u and Jamin just wait i got something for yall! But right now while mines out of commission im sure Shane (02SSLE) will take care of yall! Even with our (illegal) intakes!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
just like a bunch of Mustang guys to cry a river when things are about to get interesting.
Yep its bout to get real interesting in the next couple of weeks!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blake01SS
In Centervilles EFI class what are the Regulations?
Any power adder and any tire, thats all the rules for now until WE ALL HAVE A MEETING AND DECIDE ON THE RULES!!!!(this was for the mustang crew if they are reading)...
Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Launching!

well, u guys know mine and franks opinions on this b.s. So keep us informed on how it goes. We are leaving thurs. for bristol. good luck u guys if you do get to run.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
Dont throw the "mustang guys" blanket over everybody!!!!!
As concerning the INTAKE rules......I have NEVER said a word to Wayne about it.....

But heres the reasoning behind it...If we start letting the rules STRETCH on intakes,then stand alone,then minitubs,then gutted interior,glass doors,lexan,ice chest intercooler 100mm turbo's....whats next???

Do you guys REALLY want to see CLAY SEILEG and CHIP PIKE come into the EFI class with a hot street car thats injected and run 7.20's @ 160........Well thats whats gonna happen if the RULES keep changing........

If carb style intake with elbows and stand alones are allowed ...then chip pikes car will be legal for the class!!!! (its a mustang)

This is being done to keep the class to its TRUE intentions.........late model,power added,DAILY DRIVEABLE type cars........NOT HOT STREET CARS W/EFI....

Everybody is pissed at Jamin and Greg over this ....all they did is ask Wayne "what the rules were" and "what about some cars that arent adhereing to the RULES"....

If you cant win ....CHEAT!!!! is that the motto on here????
Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RDTA
well, u guys know mine and franks opinions on this b.s. So keep us informed on how it goes. We are leaving thurs. for bristol. good luck u guys if you do get to run.

good luck guys
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
9 Second Club

As concerning the INTAKE rules......I have NEVER said a word to Wayne about it.....

But heres the reasoning behind it...If we start letting the rules STRETCH on intakes,then stand alone,then minitubs,then gutted interior,glass doors,lexan,ice chest intercooler 100mm turbo's....whats next???

Do you guys REALLY want to see CLAY SEILEG and CHIP PIKE come into the EFI class with a hot street car thats injected and run 7.20's @ 160........Well thats whats gonna happen if the RULES keep changing........

If carb style intake with elbows and stand alones are allowed ...then chip pikes car will be legal for the class!!!! (its a mustang)

This is being done to keep the class to its TRUE intentions.........late model,power added,DAILY DRIVEABLE type cars........NOT HOT STREET CARS W/EFI....

Everybody is pissed at Jamin and Greg over this ....all they did is ask Wayne "what the rules were" and "what about some cars that arent adhereing to the RULES"....

Who is cheating. I would say Shane's car is more of a factory EFI car than 90% of the cars in the class.

This car has gm block, heads, EFI, overdrive transmission,a/c, and no weight pulled out of the car. This is a true street car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This car went 2800 miles on the power tour at 25 mpg and no issues.

You mustang guys need to remember that we still have two more power adders to go.

If we wanted to set a ET in the 7s it would not be hard doing it the way you guys are trying.

we would just use light weight 2 or 3 speed tranys with a brake, use 3 power adders,and pull out the a/c.

We are using late model parts to keep the car as a street daily driver.

I am not hating on anybody
there need to be rules
full interior
a/c and p/s
I think these two should be a must to be a street car.
I don't think the rules will change until the class gets more people in it.

p/s I went 8.31 at 125.63 mph with a broke 4L60 overdrive factory style intake, 200 shot,10 bolt rearend, full interior, a/c, p/s, stereo and subs.

I don't think the intake is going to keep the ls1 from TAKING BACK THE RECORD.

I personally think the guys running the non overdrive transmissions are cheating as well

there is nothing late model about a 3 speed trany

Last edited by 02402RAMAIR; 07-19-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM
9 Second Club

What's the difference between meth injection(AKA 3rd power adder) and my stand alone fuel system for nos.

They are both stand alone fuel systems.

Last edited by 02402RAMAIR; 07-19-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Whats next, I will give you a hint.

late model mustang with a ls1 408 and spray. factory intake of course
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Teching In

A 3 speed tranny has a DIS-ADVANTAGE (non lockup=less MPH) vs lockup/od trans.....

I run 3.27 rear gears.......I dont need overdrive or the high dollar crap involved...

Hell if I had a lentech I'd run 3.90 gears and have lockup for top end......

as far as water/meth inj ???

Its NOT A POWER ADDER !!!!!!

It allows you to use PUMP GAS (with the same tuneup as 120'oct fuel)......Jamin's cobra ran 8.28 on BOOST and PUMP GAS ...ONLY !!!!

I'm positive somebodys gonna hit 7.XX this fall when the weather cools off if not sooner.....

This is NOT a MUSTANG vs CAMARO fued here......if somebody wants to run NON FACTORY style intake on a mustang then Greg and Jamin will be on thier butts as well,same for the standalone ecu's.....theres a black mustang running a FAST ECU that they 've been hollering to wayne about since day 1.....

I agree about the full interior,full weight,bolt on suspension,no- minitubs,no engine swaps(bblk or old school smblk into late body)....
The RULES state.....factory style efi system(intake/ecu)...

Did you guys figure out what was wrong with the turbo camaro ????
9.10 on 750rwhp seems way off....We ran 9.20 on 420rwhp on a 5 speed....

good luck and see ya at the races...
Old 07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

A 3 speed tranny has a DIS-ADVANTAGE (non lockup=less MPH) vs lockup/od trans.....

I run 3.27 rear gears.......I dont need overdrive or the high dollar crap involved...

Hell if I had a lentech I'd run 3.90 gears and have lockup for top end......

as far as water/meth inj ???

Its NOT A POWER ADDER !!!!!!

It allows you to use PUMP GAS (with the same tuneup as 120'oct fuel)......Jamin's cobra ran 8.28 on BOOST and PUMP GAS ...ONLY !!!!

I'm positive somebodys gonna hit 7.XX this fall when the weather cools off if not sooner.....

This is NOT a MUSTANG vs CAMARO fued here......if somebody wants to run NON FACTORY style intake on a mustang then Greg and Jamin will be on thier butts as well,same for the standalone ecu's.....theres a black mustang running a FAST ECU that they 've been hollering to wayne about since day 1.....

I agree about the full interior,full weight,bolt on suspension,no- minitubs,no engine swaps(bblk or old school smblk into late body)....
The RULES state.....factory style efi system(intake/ecu)...

That's funny Jamin told us the night he set record he was running 101 fuel not pump gas. As far as Meth how do you not consider it a power adder? Make a dyno pull without meth then make a pull with it. If you don't gain power with it then it's not a power adder. As for my car not running the time it's capable of is no secret it's a M6 no boost off line and lose all boost in between shifts. I never said my car was fast at the track. It hasn't proven it's self yet but will soon. I feel with the 4L80 it will. If you are questioning the power I have a dyno sheet if want to see it. I will bring it to the track and show you. It has my name the car and everything. It put down 723RWH and 757RWT and running out of fuel pump. That was on 93octane gas no race gas or Meth. Also if you knew anything about racing you would see that 9.0's @ 122 means the power is there. Also it ran 11.0's in the 1/4 @ 136 with 2.0 60ft time. Does that tell you anything or do I need to break it down for you. This is also a true daily driver. Not a RACE Car you can drive on the street.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
9 Second Club

PROBLEM FOUND
HERE IS THE FIX

Quick Reply: Centerville 07/21/2007 Efi Shootout Anybody Going???