Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Possibly a new 402?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly a new 402?

Hello,

Well my stocker bottom end let me down yesterday. Blew a hole out of the oil pan. Now the car is going to be laid up for a few months and I am starting research on new engines.

I am want to go with a short block 402 Ls2 and I was wondering what everyones thoughts were. I was wondering where the best place to get one from is? who has the best specials? what people that have them have to say about the motor? What combos w/ heads and cam were people doing and the outcomes. I was wondering if the stock heads and cam and everything will go back on to one.( I know it wont be using the motor efficently, but atleast then it can be running again while I then save up cash for a head and cam kit) Finally what numbers are people that have them putting down.( Hp wise )

Basically just looking for as much input as possible. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talk to TSP they will give you a great deal, ive got mine in just waiting on some parts to finish it up! I went the TSP 408 iron block, all forged internals, PRC stage 3 LS6 heads (but you will want to get the L92 heads they are better they was out of cores when i ordered mine) and of course your choice of camshaft, and all the odds and ends! Goodluck...
Old 07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

I'm looking right now too and TSP has some killer prices. That 408 iron block has been looking real good! Check out their site --->
Old 07-22-2007, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I just got together my 402..it's an Ironblock bottom end with the L76/L92 setup. I haven't really romped on it yet, but it definately goes like hell..