Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Macon Ga Area Beware Mills Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Macon Ga Area Beware Mills Auto

Well I just got it taken to me by a shop here in Warner Robins called Mills auto repair on watson. Well here is how the story goes. I dropped the car off this morning (96 WS6 I just got) to have the rearend looked at, it was whining. I asked them to re-shim it to get the noise out of it. Well My wife got a call to tell her that the rear pads were completely gone...... so she went down there to ck it out, and come to find out that they were not really bad but was ok to get it home so I could put the pads on, that I just got the day prior. They told her she had to get it done it wasn't safe. But anyways that was the first sigh. While she was there he had the rearend cover off and she asked if the gears were ok and they said yes, but wouldnt know anything more till they got it apart. She said ok let us know. Well around 3pm or so she called to ck on it and to get an Idea on the cost, and WOW 400.00, She asked, what is that for all u were going to do was shim gears. Then they told her it was for parts?????? She said what parts, he said bearings needed to be replaced on the carrier and the pinion.... Oh ok Who told you to do that, I never gave you permission to put part on the car.....He said yeah they needed replace so I changed them........ Well needless to say my wife woke me up and told me what was going on. So I called to find out were they get off putting parts on the car with out my permision. I was trying to figure out his way of thinking, Yeah right. Well all he kept saying is how mush it would have been if I took it to the dealer and that I got a great deal.... HUMMMMMMMM on something I didnt ask him to do, wow that is a good deal huh. I didn't understand why I was upset, HE NEVER CALL TO TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG AND HOW MUCH..... HE JUST DID IT.....That is what I was pissed about!!!!!!!!!! Yeah the price for what he did wasnt that bad but I wasn't expecting that extra 400 to fix the rearend. And when I was on the way home the **************** thing still whines.... Go figure.. I just wanted all you all that have heard that MILLS AUTO was as good as when his Grandpa was running it, THEY ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest with you,once your rear gear's have a pattern set in them,it is hard to reshim them to make it quiet.Just my experience with them.Usually you would have to have a new set instsalled.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Chris is right when you have a wear patten on them you cant make them quiet..
Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I do agree with you guys but when He says they wont whine after he did his thing. And when I called after he says oh yeah give me 400 more and I will change your gears thats the only way......He and his wife are out to screw people change stuff they dont need...... What I am made about is he change stuff with out getting permision from me!!!!!! not the work its self I know it was a god deal

Quick Reply: Macon Ga Area Beware Mills Auto