Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Moving from NY to SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Moving from NY to SC

This doesnt really have anything to do with cars but i had a question. Im prolly going to be moving to NC from NY in the spring. Ive been looking at different towns/cities. I want to be kinda close to the ocean and a city. How is Fayetteville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro areas? Ive never been to NC, only been to myrtle beach and thats SC. So basicly i guess im asking where u would suggest moving to in NC?? Im about an hour and half from NYC and love goin to the city on occasion for shopping, bars, concerts, sports etc etc... Where would u recommend going? Long distance moves take a lot of planning and id like to hear from someone who already lives there. Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raleigh and Charlottle have everything you requested (shopping,bars,concerts).I'm from Raleigh and were just and hour and half or 2 hours from the beach (it depends on what beach you go to). Log onto this web site (http://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/) and join up to get a full blast understanding about NC and what you want to know about a city you like to live in.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

yea thats what i was thinking either Charlotte or Raleigh... Thanks for the reply
Old 10-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Teching In

we moved from VA to NC last year and were deciding between raleigh and charlotte.
we ended up moving near charlotte because there were more job opportunities in my field. but i love it here. we live in union county which is about 20 miles from uptown charlotte (i work in the city). if you have any specific questions just ask.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Charlotte for sure
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Glad to hear the good things about Charlotte. I'm starting to think about moving there from Charleston SC. The weather is great here......but that's about it.

Quick Reply: Moving from NY to SC