Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen F-bodies Inside:

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stolen F-bodies Inside:

For all those in Southern LA/MS that have had an F-body stolen, please PM me with as much information as you can provide on your instance.

I'm tired of cops not doing anything down here, I want to see if me and some locals can crack down on the theft ring. Please join our cause!

Last edited by Theblueone; 11-02-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

bump it up
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was one of the lucky ones. Mine wasn't stolen but when i went to get in it in the morning someone had got in it and disabled the alarm (factory) by disconnecting it under the pass side kick panel you have like a 4 or 5 sec delay when you open the door b4 the alarm goes off so they had done this a few times b4 i guess.But someone must have scared them off b4 they could take it a few days b4 my neighbor told me someone stopped during the day and was looking at my car through the windshield(getting the vin?) Whatever they did are were in the middle of the car wouldn't start . this happened in Marrero about 4 month before Katrina.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Mine was stolen Oct. 3rd from OLOL parking lot while my wife was in surgery to remove a canceous tumor. I am actively seeking info on the active theft ring in the Baton Rouge area. Car was a red 02 WS6. Apparently someone is getting VIN numbers and cutting keys, or has figured out how to bypass the factory alarm. Let's get together and see if we can figure this thing out. Any info would be helpful.

Last edited by snake hunter; 11-04-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

good luck breaking it here in the new orleans area. there even stealing them with tow trucks from what i hear its real bad out in new orleans east.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Teching In

You guys be careful trying to track'em down yourself, you don't wanna corner one and then have'em pull a gun on you.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Qucik fix agaisnt theft would be to pull your fuel pump fuse after you park it. Replace when you return You'd be screwed if they have a tow truck, but ****, thats not much you can do about that unless you have a pager alarm, or lojack. If you guys have any other ideas let me know!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Teching In

i might have some useful info. my car was almost stolen outside of my freinds apartment complex on veterans blvd. an offduty new orleans cop supposedly seen two black males trying to steal it. its to bad they got a way. they popped my t-top off even though it was lock and unplugged my alarm under the dash. about a week later some guy in a red ss pulls up to my house n tells me he knowswho tried stealing my car. the guys story was weird but basically he told me that there are two black males involved in the whole thing. they live in algiers and have a back yard full of cut up f-bodies. i know one of the guys works at pep boys in metairie on veterans. that guy drives like a 99 tahoe(black) 24's with a aftermarket hood.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you guys have a "bait car" program down there?

http://www.baitcar.com/

If the cops in your area aren't doing anything about this... you guys could set up something like this.

Might be a long shot, but you never know... it could work.

Just find someone who is willing to volunteer their F body, set it up in a known area where a theft is very likely to take place (across the street from pep boys lol) and have some ppl hide out with video cams.

If you catch someone... i guess it would be up to you whether you turn them in, or let street justice prevail.

Just a suggestion...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

no stolen f boides but 2 stolen motorcycles
Old 11-13-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cmc02
i might have some useful info. my car was almost stolen outside of my freinds apartment complex on veterans blvd. an offduty new orleans cop supposedly seen two black males trying to steal it. its to bad they got a way. they popped my t-top off even though it was lock and unplugged my alarm under the dash. about a week later some guy in a red ss pulls up to my house n tells me he knowswho tried stealing my car. the guys story was weird but basically he told me that there are two black males involved in the whole thing. they live in algiers and have a back yard full of cut up f-bodies. i know one of the guys works at pep boys in metairie on veterans. that guy drives like a 99 tahoe(black) 24's with a aftermarket hood.
thanks man, your help is greatly appreciated!

keep these comming!

On a Side note
I was in New Orleans Sunday watching the Saints game, afterwards we went eat at the Riverwalk...

when walking back to the superdome, a black LS1 camaro passed us with a pewter SS spoiler, red rear bumper with 00-02 CME valance... CME exhaust kit and other "non original parts"

you can't tell me it wasn't somehow connected to the stolen F-body ring.

If anyone has any sort body parts, wheels, for a Z28/SS/WS6/TA or even a drivable parts car please chime in

Last edited by Theblueone; 11-13-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have no useful info, but I just want to say good luck catching these thieving *** punks!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Has anyone thought about pooling some money and just setting up a "roller" f-body with no motor or anything? Tow it out there somewhere and park it and just sit and watch. Let them get in the car then bust 'em.

You could also try putting tape or something over your VIN # if they're cutting keys. I need a spare key cut for my trans-am, so I'm gonna go see how hard it really is to get this done. I've heard you have to show the dealer like 3 proofs of ownership or something...maybe the dealers are getting lazy and not checking everything out. Hope everything works out for you guys.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

trust me im ill do anything to help, i know two other people that had their camaro and trans am stolen more then likely by the same people, so i dont want them to get mine the next time around if thier is one. for some reason i feeling the guy in the red ss who passed the ifo in to me might be in on it but who knows. if theres any other way i can help j ask this guy talked to me about the whole thing for about 45min. oh he also told me that one of the guys drives a black v6 camaro made in to an ss w ss rims.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by chad3113
Qucik fix agaisnt theft would be to pull your fuel pump fuse after you park it. Replace when you return You'd be screwed if they have a tow truck, but ****, thats not much you can do about that unless you have a pager alarm, or lojack. If you guys have any other ideas let me know!
Sounds like what my gramps did in the day...he would unplug his distributor after parking the car.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Lojack has worked for me.(!@#$! tow truck driver) Got my car back in about an hour and a half. $650 no monthly fees.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Launching!

My car was stolen last night. Its a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am Black/Black M6. Some distinguishable features are the Loud, dumped exhaust (so it doesn't have tailpipes), Chrome 18'' c6 rims, and 5% limo tint. License plate number PSY 855. Call MY CELL 504-458-9359 or the East Baton Rouge Sheriffs office at 225-389-5000 or 225-389-5511 File #07-78690.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

another one, damn... im so close to BR its scary
Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

My car was stolen last night. Its a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am Black/Black M6. Some distinguishable features are the Loud, dumped exhaust (so it doesn't have tailpipes), Chrome 18'' c6 rims, and 5% limo tint. License plate number PSY 855. Call MY CELL 504-458-9359 or the East Baton Rouge Sheriffs office at 225-389-5000 or 225-389-5511 File #07-78690.
sorry to hear that man, should have teken your own advice! I'd say any sort of gps system in the car where you can put it and no one will likely find it is the best thing to do. That really sucks, I remember hearing about that ring a year ago didn't think it was still going on! Maybe you guys need to go to something higher than local authorities if nothing is happening. You'd also think all the insurance companies would be doing something too...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 AM

dont know if you realize.. if my memory serves me correctly but under the steering wheel there is a orange plug that reads your key chip if the wire is cut and bypassed they can start it with their own key takes seconds to do i have a f body and i park my truck behind it cant have it stolen

Quick Reply: Stolen F-bodies Inside: