Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Louisiana Tuner and Exhaust Shops

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

allan has taken care of me each and every time i have needed him too. drop of the hat, no questions asked, just flat out taken care of me. when i first started in all of this i knew jack squat about any of the local tuners. not just a handful but the vast majority of people in this area told me to go to allan if i needed anything, and thus far i've had no problems.

i get plenty of customer service complaints about thunder as well (the place i work is literally a mile from them). 99% of them are stupid and unfounded, but point is you can't believe every john, dick, and sally that has a complaint about a shop. for every person that gets on here and says "oh allan ****ed my **** up" or "man thunder racing can't tune for ****" there are 100 people that are perfectly happy with EITHER. fact of the matter is not every shop can make every customer happy.

so if your trusting a bunch of internet opinions to make your decision on who to go to, you might as well flip a coin cuz the results will be about as well researched. like has been posted, physically go to both shops and form your own damn opinions. like has been posted, there's a slight possibility EITHER shop can mess up what they are doing. in which case you'll still have to go to the OTHER to get it fixed.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by URLOSN
i took it to the track, and it ran a best of 11.8@ 116 and 10.9@126 on a 150 shot.....well after messing with the tune, for 6 hours on motor and nitrous and making around 9 dyno pulls, it gained 12 hp on motor and not sure on nitrous,at the track, the car went 11.6@120 and 10.7@130 on a 150 shot.
congrats, 6 ****ing hours of tuning and you gained 12 hp.

i guess if i took a diamond that had already been cut and polished, and then wiped off the polishing compound that would make me a "Master Jewler" right?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I haven't had any problems with Allen. I was there yesterday getting somethings and anytime I need something done it happens. They may take a while but I don't mind hanging around cause they are all cool and do great work.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazyidiot4.8
congrats, 6 ****ing hours of tuning and you gained 12 hp.

i guess if i took a diamond that had already been cut and polished, and then wiped off the polishing compound that would make me a "Master Jewler" right?
i guess you also did not read the fact that was atleast 7 or 8 pulls, i was at allans for 3 pulls. its just sad that the tuner had to add fuel, it was so lean it was losing horsepower , and actually ran faster after pulling some timing . my tuner i used in alabama is a very thorough and takes his time and goes through every part of the tune, and atleast my a/f was safe, and if you want to know, he made a completely different tune, just remember, "you can polish a turd and its still a turd" so i had another tune done the fact of the matter is, the thread starter asked for an opinion and i stated mine,

This is not about my tuner in alabama, but i have dealt with both allan and geoff and have had much better results from geoff in the customer service and help department. Geoff is just farther to drive than my alabama tuner, or i would be using him 100 percent.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Teching In

I have a appointment with Allen to get my car tuned, he was great to talk to on the phone about the setup on my car. I have been to Thunder and they were all a bunch of great guys Madman was there and tuned on it the last time and we went back to fix some stuff, and he has went on his own since then. Geoff was great he told me he would tune the Fast Computer on my car if I wanted, but he doesn't normally fool with it. To me that makes him a strait up guy, he could have just got me in and took my money. I am sure both are jam up shops, no matter what you can't please everyone.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

My two cents, I hear great things about both shops from people i know on here....so its up to you to choose...........i went with thunder racing, it's close by my house and always get me in within a week and answers phone calls and emails....not saying anything bad bout the other shop just im impatient and maybe their busy.....
Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

FMS built my short block. The motor is bad *** but his tuning is awful.

Not going into details but....he suckered me into tuning it

I'd drive to Mobile IMO

James@rwtd knows his shiat!

rwtd.com
Old 01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by SILVERZZ28
FMS built my short block. The motor is bad *** but his tuning is awful.

Not going into details but....he suckered me into tuning it

I'd drive to Mobile IMO

James@rwtd knows his shiat!

rwtd.com
James tuned your computer when Allan said it was fried
Old 03-15-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

TTT

Might better watch his engine building skills. Looks like hes fixing to cost someone about 2000 to fix a fuckup. He told them he didnt have time to help right now as well.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SILVERZZ28
TTT

Might better watch his engine building skills. Looks like hes fixing to cost someone about 2000 to fix a fuckup. He told them he didnt have time to help right now as well.
Who is the he you are talking about
Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Lites Muffler here in Shreveport, doesn't do mandrel bends. He does very good exhaust work and stands behind all his work forever.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Who is the he you are talking about
have to love the way lots of people stand up for allan. yet all the people with problems post up HALF of secret stories, involving secret people.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

Maybe its just me but they have worked on my car numerous times I have gotten nothing but great results. I was just there 2 day ago and the work is outstanding
Old 03-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Teching In

I decided to go with Futral on my GTO (F13, Kooks installation), simply because I knew a few other local GTO owners who had Allan work on their cars. I feel very fortunate to have two reputable shops in the area.

I did have my Camaro at Thunder Racing about 10 years ago for a cat back install. I believe they only had one bay at the time (two locations ago). I can still remember Geoff (I believe that was Geoff) spending a lot of time just to make sure the tips (Borla) were perfectly level.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazyidiot4.8
have to love the way lots of people stand up for allan. yet all the people with problems post up HALF of secret stories, involving secret people.

I am with you one that one Tony. Allan built my engine and it seems to be holding strong.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sigforty
I am with you one that one Tony. Allan built my engine and it seems to be holding strong.

and got damn the ************ idles well, drives fine, and we all know you don't give that thing a break
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

You obviosly have not seen the pics of Sigforty's plugs
Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

I just checked the air fuel ratio on a T/A that Allen tuned last year. 14.3/1 on my Lm1.

the same as my dads Lt1 was.

He claims his meter is one point off but in the other direction.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
You obviosly have not seen the pics of Sigforty's plugs

Even with the bad plugs it was still running fine. The only reason I thought to check them was because my mph was off. As for the tune the car is perfect. I think I just broke a plug or had a bad plug when I changed them. I am seeing and A/F ratio of 15.0-14.5 at idle. The car runs 12.2 at WOT which relates perfectly to the 1 pt off Allan claims his dyno is since it was reading 13.2 at Futral. I changed the plugs and the car is now getting 28 mpg cruising at 70 mph on Interstate. When I drop down to 60 I get 35 mpg.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Tuner and Exhaust Shops