Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Pit Bull Attacks A Baby

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pit Bull Attacks A Baby

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vL1trl1FMUw
Old 01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a8VjpsIdv2U&feature=related
Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

I'd choose a Pit Bull over a baby anyday...you can house train them in under a month, a baby takes years....
Old 01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L32q7qnDfes&feature=relatedhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=m7jg1R4f2QM&feature=related
Old 01-17-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

LOOK HOW MEAN THEY ARE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m2OC5Z1Fii8&feature=relatedhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=GB14-uwYXfA&feature=related
Old 01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Evilways
I'd choose a Pit Bull over a baby anyday...you can house train them in under a month, a baby takes years....
LMAO!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FDk3FPZLzA4&feature=related
Old 01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, they're so evil. At first I thought this was a post bashing pit bulls. They have such a bad reputation that they don't deserve. I own two of them myself and they are some of the nicest dogs on earth.

TJ
Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna lock this one until I saw the vid.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

my daughter grew up around my pit. from first born to to several years old. never any problems. my pit only wanted my attention and affection. no more no less.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the problem is not that a pit bull can be a loving pet to an owner or a baby, BUT the difference is in results when "x" dog snaps and bites a baby or owner compared to what happens when a pit bull snaps and bites a baby or owner.

any dog can put an azz whooping on a person, much less a baby, but a baby is only 1 bite away from dead with a pit bull.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

the problem is the media. The only dog attacks that have made the news in the past 5-10 years are pit bull attacks. When i was growing up, it was rotwhielers (excuse the spelling) and you heard nothing about pits. I don't care what anyone says, any dog can be a mean dog, hell the meanest dogs i have ever come in contact with were poodles and cockerspaniels. It is all in how the animal is raised. I have 2 pits and as soon as my back yard is fenced, i will have at least one more. 2 is too many for inside the house!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To be honest I've never owned a pitt but I know a lot of people who have them or has had them and they seem to be a very laid back dog.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wvaboy
the problem is not that a pit bull can be a loving pet to an owner or a baby, BUT the difference is in results when "x" dog snaps and bites a baby or owner compared to what happens when a pit bull snaps and bites a baby or owner.

any dog can put an azz whooping on a person, much less a baby, but a baby is only 1 bite away from dead with a pit bull.
what the hell are you talking about???????
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

I was raised with a pitbull from birth till i was 8 but we had to give it away when we moved was the best dog i ever had
Old 01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stefan256
I was raised with a pitbull from birth till i was 8 but we had to give it away when we moved was the best dog i ever had
man i have been around them for the last 10+ years and to me they are the best dog and the only dog worth having!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by onebadbird96
man i have been around them for the last 10+ years and to me they are the best dog and the only dog worth having!!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN, PREACH IT BROTHER!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by onebadbird96
what the hell are you talking about???????
He's saying if a poodle attacks a baby, it will likely break his skin and he will bleed.. and you will throw him off and give care to the baby.

If a pit bull attacks a baby he will likely bite his limb off, and then you will pull him off...

I agree it is how the dog is raised, but he does make a good point that extra attention should be paid to larger and/or more powerful dogs near children.. but that is common sense.

I wouldn't let my boxer near a baby without me being there in close range. I trust my boxer with anything in most cases, but even by accident being playful there could be injury.. and dog's are playful, that is for sure. And sometimes mistreated ones are vicious.

Any dog is dangerous though.. just some are stronger than others.

Josh
Old 01-19-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by distortion_69
He's saying if a poodle attacks a baby, it will likely break his skin and he will bleed.. and you will throw him off and give care to the baby.

If a pit bull attacks a baby he will likely bite his limb off, and then you will pull him off...

I agree it is how the dog is raised, but he does make a good point that extra attention should be paid to larger and/or more powerful dogs near children.. but that is common sense.

I wouldn't let my boxer near a baby without me being there in close range. I trust my boxer with anything in most cases, but even by accident being playful there could be injury.. and dog's are playful, that is for sure. And sometimes mistreated ones are vicious.

Any dog is dangerous though.. just some are stronger than others.

Josh
see that is where you are wrong i know my dogs will never hurt anyone. they are tuff so a baby will not hurt them i do watch them but my dogs are so dumb and goofy i dont think they know how to bite but thats enough talking the dogs down i didnt strat this for that plz if you dont have some thing good to say keep it to your self thank you
Old 01-19-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are pits that are bred for some bad things, but even in there inception, breeders looked for dogs who were human friendly. the main traits the first breeders wanted was good performance in the pit (the arena not the dog) and submissive traits twords its owners. they have got a bad rap becuase of unscrupulous owners and there history of bull and bear baiting. there bite is no worse then any other short snout dog. it is their passion for holding the bite and not letting go that gets a little scary. having a baby around any larger dog is a bad idea because the baby can gouge an eye, yank a tail, or hurt the genitals. the pit bull is just another dog, if trained correctly it will act as any other dog. i have 1 pit, 1 basset, 1 lab, and collie basset mix. and my meanest dog is the basset. once during feeding, he kicked the living **** out of the pit, almost to the point the pit needed stitches. now, who would have seen that coming?

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Attacks A Baby