Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Columbus, GA

looking to get together with F-Body and Vette owners in the Columbus, GA area. if you are interested please respond.

thanks
karl
Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey what's up man. I'm located in Columbus too. There's quite a few of us on here. I'd be down to meet up. I also know some guys with a Buick GN and a Firehawk who would be down too. I know of a few other F bodies around also. How long have you had your Firehawk?

Let me know if your interested in setting something up for real.

PS.
Is this the same Karl who use to drive a neon?

TJ
Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

We can meet up, hop on 185 behind us next Thursday afternoon and go to Gathering.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

no, never owned a neon. so where is this gathering? ive been in iraq for the last 15 months, and until my leave starts i am restricted to the columbus/ ft. benning area. i go out cruisin almost every night but it is pretty costly. would much rather jsut get together with some car guys and chill. if you see a green firebird with a ram air hood that looks pretty plain, thats me! its pretty loud too. feel free to give a shout out if you see me, or just follow me to where im going and say hey. if you all wanna meet up, just give me a time and place.

karl
Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone?????
Old 05-15-2008, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firehawk238
anyone?????
I got your PM. We might be doing something this weekend if it's not raining. I'll let you know.

TJ
Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

so where is this gathering?

karl

www.fbodygathering.com

DON'T Miss it!!!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i saw the thing in your signature after i posted that. so you are headed up there on thursday night? if i do make it up there (which probably wont happen) it would be on saturday at best. would love to go, but im restricted to a certain mileage from base until my leave starts. all part of some gay process when we first get back from iraq.

karl
Old 05-17-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

What they don't know won't hurt 'em. See ya Saturday.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

man that was some fun tonight! glad to have met up guys! that GN is nice! cant wait to do it again. we need to get a schedule going for that stuff!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

man that was some fun tonight! glad to have met up guys! that GN is nice! cant wait to do it again. we need to get a schedule going for that stuff!!!
I agree. Your Firehawk and that Iroc that showed up are some beast!! Once again thanks for the ride man. We need to work on getting a few more V8 guys (or car guys in general) to show up . We should do it again for sure. Let me know whenever your ready to meet up again or if you just want to hang out or something.

TJ
Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

**** man, im up for every saturday night. would like to a GM performance car club going on in the columbus area. there is plenty of potential, just need some organization. ive already got a good name for it to help shut up those columbus city stangs ********. lol nothing worse than a bunch of guys with identical cars thinking they are way more than they really are. lol i loved that iroc. not sure if you call could see us very well since you got caught by that light, but we were running neck and neck through most of it. he got some DR's on his car, so he definately has an advantage. and you arent kidding, his iroc is a BEAST! tell chris we gonna get him up and running too. im thinking of putting all MSD back on my truck once i get it down here, and if i do, ill throw my distributer his way. its an accel with a super coil so should serve him well. always happy to help a GM guy.

karl
Old 05-18-2008, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Id show up for a GM meet.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

well man we met up lastnight at everything musical. few fbods and a buick GN. dont see why you couldnt drop in with us. hope to hear back from you about this.

karl
Old 05-18-2008, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Yeah man. I'm sure you know were the tuners meet up. I've seen your Saturn Sky rolling around there before. Every Friday or Saturday night. It's funny, most of the time when the GN is the only muscle car out there it seems like all the ricers are talking garbage. But yet when they saw a group of us just hanging out last night, not one pulled into the parking lot, lol. Hey Karl, maybe next time your Firehawk will get to see a little action.

PS
Next time I have to bring my camera. It would've been a perfect time to use it last night.

TJ
Old 05-18-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, i have a couple camcorders and some digital cams too. we will definately have to get some vids next time. but you are right, the ricers all pulled off to one side, and the mustangs with em, and no one would even come over to talk. they even had the nerve to send someone else over to try and set up a race. i mean come on now, if you want to race one of us, reach down between your legs, grab your **** (if its there) and act like man. just come over yourself and ask, dont be sending other people over. we arent a bunch of **** talkers and all that if thats what people are afraid of. im out to have a good time and just chill. if we race, great, if we dont, im still chillin. i saw so many mustangs lastnight it wasnt funny, and some of them even sounded pretty damn good, but no one wanted to line anything up. its all fun and games. who cares if you win or lose. ****, if my car runs a 15 i dont care. i love it, and thats what matters, though i dont think id ever run as slow as a 15 unless i blow the rear end and have to coast most the way, lol. just was so many imports and mustangs driving by and everyone of them wanted to turn their noses up at us, and between two cars out there we had close 1000hp, and they act like they are better with some little honda that cant even get 13's. now the saturn sky is still made by GM and so i dont throw it into that catagory, and will not unless you start putting that obnoxious exhaust on it. dont get me wrong, there are imports out there that can run, and run well, but there arent too many hondas and mistu's that can go heads up with american muscle. i just think if they want to come down there with their noses turned up and driving their flashy little hondas, they best be bringin some nitrous and boost and be ready to run. i hate snotty people who think they are better, so if you want to come with attitude, then come ready. cause even if you beat me, within two days ill have nitrous, slicks, and a line lock and be done with it!!!

karl
Old 05-18-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Chris you gonna show up at the G12?? it would be great to see ya...if you get a chance come on by...
Old 05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Teching In

I have an LS2 6liter in my truck, can I post too?

LOL waz up TJ and Karl, we owned the streets last weekend, and I am up for at least every other weekend going around and marking our territory. A GM high performance club is sorely needed around here.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

****, im up for every weekend if you guys are game. especially if we can get the drill sergeant out with us. that car is BAD!!!!!!! my traction issue has me a lil peturbed so i been researching some suspension upgrades to help improve on it and gonna get my DR's when i go back home. that should get me all taken care of.

karl
Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DietCoke

Liar.

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA