Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Collector car value question-

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Collector car value question-

At what point do the " Special Edition Vehicles" loose their collector or rare car value and just become another car? I figured wrecks and salvage titles. What about mileage? Too many mods? Too many owners? Etc.. Let hear some thought from out there.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I think they will always hold a little more value than the common versions. But for example, my LE has had paint work (sever hail damage on the 1/4's). And it has over 110k miles on it so I wouldnt expect leaps and bounds above a similarly equipped 02 SS but I would think it would be worth at least $750-$1000 more.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it all makes a difference. bone stock vs modded is up to the buyer with probably more preferring stock as a collector car. miles, condition, all plays. you can get a good idea just looking at used cars being sold. i will say however that some are asking way too much.

i found an 02 35th anny t-top m6 with only 126 original miles selling for 31k in the chicago area. the same one with 20k miles may have an asking price of 19k. not saying that they will get those prices, they are just asking price. but if i really wanted one that was basically brand new, i might jump on the one with 126 miles if it was truly mint.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all the factors you listed are important, especially since these cars came along (2002) at a time when the vintage muscle car auction bubble was building. Everyone who saw the BJ auctions on ESPN thought about buying an LE car and keeping it under wraps hoping it would be worth 2x-10x in 30yrs time. As we get past the 10th mark for these, you'll begin to see fewer low mileage, non mod cars up for sale but I think that there will be plenty of garage queens to be had for the next few decades, driving collector value down. In the end, number of owners is probably the least important value factor. Mods done with SLP parts likely will not hurt nor will reversible mods as long as the original parts are kept. Mileage and accidents are what will whittle the cars value down.

Quick Reply: Collector car value question-