Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Camaro SS SLP...How can you verify?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro SS SLP...How can you verify?

Hey guys, searched quickly to find a way to confirm that a car is indeed a true SLP car and not a clone. I am checking out a 2000 Camaro SS that the guy says is an SLP car and says he has the build sheet and certificate, so no issues there. I am just curious though in case I don't get the car and find another SLP car that doesnt have the documentation. How can you determine a real SLP car? I know they have the SLP logo thing on the sticker with the VIN in the door, but isnt there a code for the specific years? I believe 00-02 SLP have the Y2Y code, is that true? what about 98-99? Isn't there a way to look up the VIN and verify or look up a different code on that sticker to see what SLP options came with the car? Thanks for the help guys....

Steve
Down the road from SLP in Toms River NJ!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

WU8 is the code that the car must have if it's a true SS, Y2Y indicates that the car is not just a base SS and has been sent to SLP for additional options. Also if you want to take it further, you can call SLP with your VIN and they should give you your build number and all the options that the car has.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stickers on the door usually is a quick way as well from what I was told when i bought mine

Quick Reply: Camaro SS SLP...How can you verify?