Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

I know it was ground effects and badging but how many?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know it was ground effects and badging but how many?

A few weeks ago I traded my Dailey driver 37 Chevy HotRod truck plus some cash for a 1997 Formula Firebird with the Bandit ll factory option. I have been a diehard Chevy man all my life and have owned over forty significant Chevys ie. 409 and 427 SS Impalas, seven Z/28'S three that were new 69,93, and 98 and fourteen Corvettes and almost all saw dragstrip duty. Now I landspeed race an 03 SS Silverado but my experience with a Pontiac has been limited to a 57 two door sedan and a 66 Tri-Power GTO.
This car I traded for is beautiful with only 71,000 miles, original paint without a flaw on it no door dings or scratches, the interior is immaculate. It was bought new in NC. and has been right here in Georgia the rest of it's life. I have the original window sticker laminated since it was bought new and the Bandit ll package was a Pontiac option for $3,999.00. In addition to the ground effects and graphics the car has lots of chassis modifications by Hotchkis and performance modifications by Arizona Speed and Marine. It is obvious that it has a new Mass Air Flow Sensor and Throttle body, headers and a new stainless steel exhaust system which vibrates and rattles something terrible and I haven't been able to get it on a rack yet. My Brother looked under the car good for me before I traded and said there was no sign of any rust at all. Other than idling too fast it runs great and pretty strong.
Does anyone have any idea of how many of Formula Firebirds were built with this option? I was going to trade it off or sell it but it looks and drives so good I am thinking about keeping it.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Was there an RPO code for that Bandit II "factory option"? If not, its not a "factory option", more likely dealer/tuner installed upgrades (like how SLP started w/ the Firehawks).
Old 01-07-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Do you have any pictures?

Quick Reply: I know it was ground effects and badging but how many?