Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Firehawk w. Bilstein suspension alignment

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firehawk w. Bilstein suspension alignment

I've got a '99 TA Firehawk with the optional Bilstein/Eibach suspension.

I had the alignment done last week, hoping to improve the car's straight line tracking, and to cut down on its propensity to "hunt" in the truck ruts on the highway.

Its a little better now, but I still have to constantly correct it. This gets a little tiring on a long trip.

The car has never been hit, and the tires are nearly new BFG gForce TAs.

There are no issues with the suspension, and the tie rods are all good.

I'm looking for suggestions alignment specs-wise.

I'd like to know what the factory alignment specs are for the cars with the optional Bilstein/Eibach suspension, and any suggestions specifically to improve the alignment over the stock numbers.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bilstein shocks were optional on SS and WS6 equipped cars as well, the only difference I believe was the shocks themselves were maybe half inch lower and the HD shocks have a better valve dampening abilities then stock suspension. The sway bars are a little thicker too. The overall suspension geometry should be the same, it's the same as any 4th gen body to do an alignment. The car following grooves is usually caused by having wide tire such as the 275/40R17 that came on these cars. If it is pulling really bad you may have worn tie-rods with some slack in them causing the wheels to "wobble" around on uneven road. But minor pulling especially when braking on rough roads is just the nature of wide tires on a car like this. Also these cars have a relatively stiff steering feel which is part of the sporty car feeling, but it gets tiresome on long windy roads.

Last edited by McGinnis; 08-28-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Firehawk w. Bilstein suspension alignment