Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

1995 mystic teal camaro numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 mystic teal camaro numbers?

Name:  B43FF6CC-DD54-4A17-A2D6-CB30493849AB_zpslrhauot0.jpg
Views: 7366
Size:  93.7 KB

We just picked this car up yesterday! 82k miles from the original owner! It's a 95 z28 a4 hardtop car with tan leather interior and 6 way power seat.

I found one website that said it might be one of 976 with a a4 and the color is there anyway to break it down more for the interior color? Hardtop? Leather etc?

Any help is appreciated I've been googling for hours trying to get the break down on it and am not finding tons of info. Anyway it's a really awesome color and car!
Old 04-30-2016, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by david068513
I found one website that said it might be one of 976 with a a4 and the color is there anyway to break it down more for the interior color? Hardtop? Leather etc?
That 976 number originated from CompNine.com's database, which I believe is tapped into, or a copy of, GM's VIS database. Its the best source of this info I've ever found, although it is not perfect. You might be able to pay for access to their database for a few bucks and look up the rarity of that combination of RPO codes for your car.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
That 976 number originated from CompNine.com's database, which I believe is tapped into, or a copy of, GM's VIS database. Its the best source of this info I've ever found, although it is not perfect. You might be able to pay for access to their database for a few bucks and look up the rarity of that combination of RPO codes for your car.
Hmmm thank you.. Wish I could find more online without having to pay lo
Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You should be able to "construct" some reasonable estimates just using the % of hardtops located in those tables that JohnnyBs98WS6Rag linked. While that may not be a perfectly accurate method, it will likely get you within 10-30% accuracy. The tables that Johnny has provided have helped me out time and time again over the past 5 years.

If I were estimating the numbers I'd say that of those 976 A4 Teals that 38% were hardtops (371). And the tan leather seats are pretty scarce (31% of those 976) while the very common power 6 way seat comes on 81% of them. Combo of tan leather and power seat I'd put at 11% of the green teal A4 hardtops (41 cars)....give or take 30% either way. Considering that a significant % of these cars came with leather, power seats, and hardtop, none of those to me is all that important. The tan leather is probably the scarcest option on this car and likely something very few people would assign much, in any premium to. The purists would probably hammer me for attempting such estimates rather than trying to find factory figures. This is just simpler for me. Your car isn't one of 10 and it's not 1 of 100. Probably close to the middle of that range.

Maybe half of the owners doing this option analysis for any particular green teal A4 could probably claim a number under 100 out of the 976 cars. A hardtop with grey leather seats could claim 85 cars. A car with beige cloth would be around 20. Now the flame red seats would be interesting. But, I wonder how many (if any) would have gotten them with a green car (better with black, white, silver, red). And then, how many people could stand a green car with red interior?

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-04-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for info. I didn't buy the car for a collector point but was just curious what it was. The car was added to our small collection and most likely won't ever be sold as it's the first f body the soon to be wife bought herself so it will be with a few of mine in good company and be a nice car to drive around town.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebrian
Now the flame red seats would be interesting. But, I wonder how many (if any) would have gotten them with a green car (better with black, white, silver, red). And then, how many people could stand a green car with red interior?
This is exactly why multiplying percentages to get an approximate count is not an exact science. Any given option (RPO) is never evenly distributed across all other RPOs (or combination of RPOs). Personal preferences (demand) and sale-ability (dealer orders) have a big effect on this. In some cases, the factory limited interior color options to particular exterior options, further rendering these estimates as inaccurate. I would be surprised if GM allowed you to order red leather interior with a green exterior color. Another example was no T-tops on 1LEs (at least in most years).
Old 05-05-2016, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Yes I know I know... Being curious makes you do it though

Quick Reply: 1995 mystic teal camaro numbers?