Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

RPO z28 or SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPO z28 or SS

Hello all,

Newbie here... Just wanted to know if someone can tell me what options my car has looking at the RPO codes and also how can I find out what SS # is my camaro as

Old 05-16-2016, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

The WU8 code confirms that this in fact an SS model, a 2001 in Navy Blue Metallic (28U) with Ebony leather interior (19I/192), t-tops (CC1), 6-speed manual (MM6/MN6) with standard 3.42 (GU6) gearing and limited slip (G80), standard power steering cooler (V12), optional traction control/"Acceleration Slip Regulation" (NW9), electric rear window defroster (C49), 12-disc CD changer (U1S), and a factory installed Hurst shifter option (BBS). Other options are all standard or typical for an '01 SS (including the "Z28" RPO, as all SS models began life as Z28s) and/or other V8 models. Y2Y is the RPO that used to indicate additional SLP content beyond the base SS package, but in the later years all SSs received this RPO to make ordering additional items later in the build process easier. So Y2Y does not necessarily mean additional content on an '01, but it could. There should be a supplemental sticker from SLP on the passenger side door jamb that outlines any additional content. If it's missing or not legible, you can contact SLP with your VIN for further details.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:49 PM

Default Thanks a Lot!!

I just called slp and they gave me the specialty vehicle number and this lady gave me some other details like build number and the birthdate for my car I am so happy and also thankful for your reply !!!
Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The WU8 code confirms that this in fact an SS model, a 2001 in Navy Blue Metallic (28U) with Ebony leather interior (19I/192), t-tops (CC1), 6-speed manual (MM6/MN6) with standard 3.42 (GU6) gearing and limited slip (G80), standard power steering cooler (V12), optional traction control/"Acceleration Slip Regulation" (NW9), electric rear window defroster (C49), 12-disc CD changer (U1S), and a factory installed Hurst shifter option (BBS). Other options are all standard or typical for an '01 SS (including the "Z28" RPO, as all SS models began life as Z28s) and/or other V8 models. Y2Y is the RPO that used to indicate additional SLP content beyond the base SS package, but in the later years all SSs received this RPO to make ordering additional items later in the build process easier. So Y2Y does not necessarily mean additional content on an '01, but it could. There should be a supplemental sticker from SLP on the passenger side door jamb that outlines any additional content. If it's missing or not legible, you can contact SLP with your VIN for further details.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

You can also get a birth certificate too i believe but at an additional cost. Enjoy the car

Quick Reply: RPO z28 or SS