Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Formula, Trans-Am and WS.6

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lightbulb Formula, Trans-Am and WS.6

So I had this day dream yesterday about GM and their F-body line and wondered what everyone else would think about it. This isn't something thats likely to happen but like i said,.It was a day dream.

So,. I dreamt about Pontiac's two firebird lines,.the Formula and the Trans-Am. Both basically the same damn car except for the slight difference in the body style. Formula is a tad bid lighter and sticks to a more basic look as where the Trans-Am is basically a tad bit heavier cuz of the "body kit". Other than that,.....same car right?

So heres my Fantasy,..GM brings back the F-Body line imulating the 68 Firbirds but WITHOUT the MDS fuel management system(Don't buy a V8 and bitch about the fuel milage!!!). Only,.that now there would be an actual difference between the Trans-Am and the Formula.

-The Formula would follow a more Road Racing theme with a lower center of gravity, Stripped down in weight, sub-frame conectors, a suspention that can corner and a better looking wheel and tire combo. I'm think'n an IRS(Don't kill me!) and capable of speeds up to and possibly over 200mph. Basically an F-body that can hang on corners and can keep up with something like a ZO6 on a road course.

-The Trans-Am would be geard tward those who love straight line performance and sheere tourque! I'm talking about steeper gears, higher stalls(auto), suspention made for better take offs, subframe conectors, an LS7, stronger/lighter drive shafts, beafed up tranys and a rear end(Live Axle) with more reinforcement that doesn't make us nevouse as hell.

Hears the kicker though....

They both have a WS.6 option that offers more than just a 5hp advantage and is basically all asthetics. Im thinking that the WS.6 vesion now comes with a ,... Supercharger as part of the package as well as with more frame reinforcment. For those with Foumulas,...ZO6s would get nerviouse arround you!

Also toyed arround with the though a Firebird that would be considered a Supercar. I'd call it a WarHawk or a WarBird! Basically a Firebird that has everything that the Formula has but with less overall mass, better weight distribution, sleeker body lines and a Supercharged C6R race motor. Basically like the C6 Blue Devil Vette.

Corny,...I know. But what do you think?

P.S. I know my spelling sucks so i'm sorry.

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 09-22-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this would never ever happen.... its what the c6 and the c6 zo6 are for... but anyways it would be cool except for the 60+k price tag they would have
Old 09-22-2006, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

I like the names WarHawk and WarBird.... good stuff, to bad it will never come true... now if I can come up with $30K,,, I would have an LS6 TT motor put in my car and I would name it the WarBird, since it is green, like the Star Trek Romulan WarBird... lol..... but that will never happen....
Old 09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by turbo86
I like the names WarHawk and WarBird.... good stuff, to bad it will never come true... now if I can come up with $30K,,, I would have an LS6 TT motor put in my car and I would name it the WarBird, since it is green, like the Star Trek Romulan WarBird... lol..... but that will never happen....
LOL,..thats Awsome!!

Yea,....I was kinda curiouse about how that name popped up into my head.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Thing is,........I'm a die hard F-body guy. Like I said ,.........I was day dream'n.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Thing is,........I'm a die hard F-body guy. Like I said ,.........I was day dream'n.

Nothing wrong with that.....
Old 09-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Good ideas but will never happen, but don't quit dreamin

Quick Reply: Formula, Trans-Am and WS.6