Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Does a B4C Count as Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a B4C Count as Special Edition

Hey I was looking at the build numbers on the SS and the rarest SS looks like it would be 71U Sunset Orange Metallic at 37 in a vert.
But compared to my car which is a 2001 Camaro B4C 81U Bright Rally Red one of 4 it seems like mine would be a little more rare. Actually the only way that it could be any more rare is if it was a M6 where they only made 9 B4C's in all colors.

I was just wondering if a B4C would be able to count as a special edition.

I got these numbers from this site.

http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/01...rs/index.shtml

These are just for 2001 but they have them for other years too.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure why not? It is unique and in limited production.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I would say NO to the term 'special edition' as that wasn't the intent when it was built. The word you mentioned and what I believe would accurately apply is "RARE"
Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
I AGREE WITH YOU. It is RARE as someone mentioned above but it is a limited production car. Furthermore, to purchase one new, you had to be a government agency UNLESS a dealership had one that they had ordered for a police department that the department decided that they didn't want and then the dealership wasn't really supposed to sell it to an individual.

The only exception that I know of to this policy was the 2002 ZL1 production in which Scott Settlemire of Chevrolet opened B4C production up to Matt Murphy of GMMG, Inc. to try and duplicate the production and modification of the 2002 ZL1's and to keep them similar to the 1969 COPO production of the original ZL1's.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeMoss
Hey I was looking at the build numbers on the SS and the rarest SS looks like it would be 71U Sunset Orange Metallic at 37 in a vert.
But compared to my car which is a 2001 Camaro B4C 81U Bright Rally Red one of 4 it seems like mine would be a little more rare. Actually the only way that it could be any more rare is if it was a M6 where they only made 9 B4C's in all colors.

I was just wondering if a B4C would be able to count as a special edition.

I got these numbers from this site.

http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/01...rs/index.shtml

These are just for 2001 but they have them for other years too.
The rarest(by #'s built) B4C is a 99-Bright Blue Metallic auto-1 built and a 99-Bright Green Metallic auto-1 built also.
The rarest SS is a 98-SS Vert in Mistic Teal, only 1-built.
These #'s are for the LS-1 cars(98-02).
Old 09-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default The meaning of words

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Your words say it all. It maybe a limited production Camaro; however it is not a special production Camaro....Like the several series of GMMG Camaros....Berger SS, HOTHOD Magazine Special Edition. '02 ZL1 SuperCar, and the '02 Dick Harrell Camaros, to name just a few.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

B4C's would have been an obscure 4th gen fbod had it not been for GMMG.They were stripper fleet vehicles used primarliy for law enforcement.IMO the term "special edition" would be more applicable to the 88-99 1LE delete cars as they were purpose built for competition.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolfgang427
The rarest(by #'s built) B4C is a 99-Bright Green Metallic auto-1 built
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
They were stripper fleet vehicles used primarliy for law enforcement.
I saw this car in action about 5-6 years ago!!!
It was an Arkansas State Patrol, it had full police set-up, and it was a Bright Green LS1. He had a semi-truck pulled over on the interestate...

Damn. small world...
Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what is the b4c option code include... iv never heard of this?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

B4C's would have been an obscure 4th gen fbod had it not been for GMMG.They were stripper fleet vehicles used primarliy for law enforcement.IMO the term "special edition" would be more applicable to the 88-99 1LE delete cars as they were purpose built for competition.
I think what he says above says it all. They were basically stripped down Z/28's that were used as police pursuit vehicles. I BELIEVE they came with heavier duty alternators, batteries, and suspension pieces because they were going to be used in police service with GM knowing that additional lights/light bars, radio's, scanners, etc. would be added to the cars after they were put into service by the police agencies.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

I love my cop car mine is silver with a black top power windows locks 3.23 gears its everything I need in a camaro
Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
I think what he says above says it all. They were basically stripped down Z/28's that were used as police pursuit vehicles. I BELIEVE they came with heavier duty alternators, batteries, and suspension pieces because they were going to be used in police service with GM knowing that additional lights/light bars, radio's, scanners, etc. would be added to the cars after they were put into service by the police agencies.
Actually, they weren't stripped. 2002 models came with just about everything available on a Z-28 except for the T-top (if they were ordered that way). The one I picked up at the end of the 2002 model year had all options (6-speed, power option package, ASR, leather, CD changer, hurst shifter, etc., etc.] with the exception of chrome wheels.
The internal equipment was the same as the Z, with one exception. The B4C had lower control arms from the lLE package. Option packages were listed differently, and top was body colored.
One of our local dealers got a bunch of them in when Henderson PD cancelled their order. I grabbed one (have since sold it). Most of the rest ended up with GMMG for ZL1 conversions.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

While the B4C is rare unfortunately it is basically just a Z28. The ones with low miles may still end up being collectable, but you never can tell.

Quick Reply: Does a B4C Count as Special Edition