Group Purchase Big Front Brake Kit www.PartsTaxi.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by No Juice
Ok, well Kevin also quoted a guy in another thread $655 minus the hardware, which was $116 for the pads. I'm just trying to understand the costs that all. So either he wasn't clear in his quote to that guy and that was just for two pads instead of 4, or the hardware kit is $105. Which is it?
No Juice,
When I post a special/group buy, I look at what my dead cost is on the package, figure my cost on shipping to the lower 48, how much time someone will have to invest on shipping/receiving the package, then I add between 3-5% mark up, which I believe is more then fair. Now I say this with the most respect, but if you are dis-satisfied with my pricing, or feel some how misled, contact your local dealer and ask for this pricing minus shipping costs.
Thank You and Respectfully
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
No Juice,
When I post a special/group buy, I look at what my dead cost is on the package, figure my cost on shipping to the lower 48, how much time someone will have to invest on shipping/receiving the package, then I add between 3-5% mark up, which I believe is more then fair. Now I say this with the most respect, but if you are dis-satisfied with my pricing, or feel some how misled, contact your local dealer and ask for this pricing minus shipping costs.
Thank You and Respectfully
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com

I didn't mean any disrespect. I have found your prices to be most certainly fair. It just struck me as odd that the discount between the two kits was as shown, and I was just trying to clarify it for myself, thats all.
So the $540 still comes with the hardware/pin/clips just minus the pads?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM

My appologies. I misunderstood your questions. Hopefully no hard feelings. That is correct, at the $540 price, you get everything (calipers, rotors & hardware kit) except the pads.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any word on shipping?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 AM

Brian, Sorry, I've been unplugged for a couple days. Your kit should be shipping this afternoon, at the latest tomorrow morning. I'll email you a tracking number when it does.
Thanks
Kevin
Old 07-15-2009, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

What size wheels do you need to run?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mike13
What size wheels do you need to run?
At least an 18". But you also need to account for the fact that the V calipers are much wider than the factory ones, so caliper-to-spoke clearance is an equally important issue.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csxfbird
At least an 18". But you also need to account for the fact that the V calipers are much wider than the factory ones, so caliper-to-spoke clearance is an equally important issue.
41mm offset is what seems to be the going rate for clearance. That's what I'm going with so mine clear.

Quick Reply: Group Purchase Big Front Brake Kit www.PartsTaxi.com