07-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
| | Streamlined Injector Services and New Fuel Pump Testing
The fuel injector service has been a staple in the DW line-up for over 6 years. Now, we have streamlined the service options from 3 tiered services to our most popular Dynamic Service with a separate Pre-Test for diagnostic/troubleshooting and we added a couple of new tests that provides data some of the newer tuning software requests.
Dynamic Service includes:
- 3-step ultrasonic cleaning - Optimizes atomization and flow
- Replace o-rings, filters, and seals - Ensures leak free operation
- Check coil - Discover electrical problems
- Leak test @ 100psi - Find leaks at pintle
- RPM ramp and Pulse-width ramp tests - Exclusive DeatschWerks tests
- Spray pattern analysis - Verify proper atomization
- Static flow test - Check balance of flow rates
- Dynamic flow test - Simulates real driving conditions
- ID etching - identifies each injector with results on report
- Lubricate and bag - Preserves optimum working condition
- System calculations - min/max/avg flow and system balance
- Fuel pressure calculations - Valuable tool for FMU/AFPR users
- Performance calculations - Defines limits of fuel system
New tests include:
Battery Offset Testing
This test provides data outlining the injector dead-time over a range of pressures and voltages.
This test provides flow data over the low, middle, and high range of duty cycles for the injectors and give information about the minimum suggest pulse-width and maximum injector duty cycle.
Please Note! The advanced testing only requires one injector for testing.
Fuel Pump Testing
With the introduction of the DW300, DW200, and DW65c, we need the ability to test our pumps in-house. Now that our pumps have become a sustained product in the market, we now have the same testing available for any electric fuel injection pumps:
- Voltage – We test flow vs pressure at the voltage of your choice (default is 13.5v). We will test at additional voltages (up to 3) at no extra charge.
- Flow – We record flow at pressures from 30psi to 100psi in 10psi increments.
- Pressure Relief Valve – We test for proper PRV function and record opening pressure.
- Cavitation – Formation of air bubbles in your fuel can cause unstable and unpredictable air-fuel ratios. We measure and record all pressures where cavitation occurs.
- Calculations – Not only do we express your flow rates in Liter/hr, Gal/hr, and Lb/hr; but we also calculate the corresponding horsepower that the flow will support.
- Qualitative Observations – Your fuel pump testing is performed by professionally trained
- DeatschWerks technicians who test hundreds of fuel pumps every month. We use our experience to make note of any noise, electrical abnormality, flow fluctuation, start-up hesitancy, or any other observed problem that could be important for you to know.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about our services.
With the new services, we now have a NEW DW Forum Special! When filling out the injector service form, be sure to write "LS1Tech Forum Special" across the top of the form for free US domestic return shipping!
Last edited by deatschwerks; 07-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.