Ram Automotive Clutch Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ram Automotive Clutch Sale!

We are running a special on Ram Automotive's Powergrip clutch system. This is comparable to other company's stage 3 clutch systems. It is rated to 500 HP, and it is a dual-sided clutch with a double-sided 300/900-series clutch disk. A billet steel flywheel is recommended for racing and/or high HP street applications for your safety, and their adjustable master cylinder is strongly suggested for racing so minimum release can be set to avoid high RPM shifting problems. If your vehicle does not fit into either of these criteria, then you can use the factory hydraulics and factory flywheel so long as it is resurfaced. We definitely recommend upgrading the slave cylinder to the 2001+ design if you have a 1998-2000 vehicle. Ram's clutches will take a lot more abuse than stock, and they will have EXCELLENT drivability. It will not have the shudder that is normally associated with other stage 3 clutches on the market.

Ram Powergrip Clutch System: $389
Ram Billet Steel Flywheel: $249
Ram Adjustable Master Cylinder: $165

This sale will be good through Sunday, December 19th, and they are in stock and ready to ship.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This special has been extended!!

Special expires at the end of January!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 01-12-2005, 10:32 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trevor,
I drive a '99 SS with a 150 shot on the street. I have replaced the stock stuff with SLP's clutch, alum flywheel and adjustable master cylinder, but my clutch was not intended for my 450fwhp. I'm interested in your Ram clutch and steel flywheel, but won't my current adjsutable master cylinder work?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

In most cases, yes, another brand adjustable master cylinder will work. However, depending on the size of the piston in the master, it could affect the pedal pressure. For instance, using a McLeod adjustable master cylinder will normally raise pedal pressure over Ram's adjustable master when using it with one of Ram's clutches due to a difference in size of the piston. We swapped in a Ram adjustable master for a customer that was running a McLeod with his Ram setup, and it definitely helped with the stiff pressure. However, it was an aggressive setup to begin with.

Considering the power you're making now and to give you added room in the future, I would recommend Ram's Powergrip HD system. This is what we're running in our '99 Corvette, and we're shooting for 700 RWHP with the D1SC ProCharger.

Feel free to call or e-mail me at trevor@texas-speed.com if you have any other questions or concerns. We stock Ram's clutches and other accessories, so it could ship immediately.

Trevor

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
Trevor,
I drive a '99 SS with a 150 shot on the street. I have replaced the stock stuff with SLP's clutch, alum flywheel and adjustable master cylinder, but my clutch was not intended for my 450fwhp. I'm interested in your Ram clutch and steel flywheel, but won't my current adjsutable master cylinder work?
Old 01-16-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some people can get away with a non adjustable master with the powergrip clutch, but I and a couple other people have had our engagement point right on the floor. Just a heads up.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You make an excellent point. It will definitely vary from car to car. It will also depend on how many times and how much your flywheel as been resurfaced.

Trevor

Originally Posted by P Mack
Some people can get away with a non adjustable master with the powergrip clutch, but I and a couple other people have had our engagement point right on the floor. Just a heads up.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trevor or Jason. Could you email me a price quote for the Powergrip HD clutch, Ram flywheel, and a new slave cylinder for my C5. Already have a McLeod master in the car.

jagrier@excite.com