HP 347ci LS1 Shortblock Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HP 347ci LS1 Shortblock Sale!

This shortblock package listed below is blueprinted, balanced, and assembled. The blueprinting process consists of the following: Crankshaft is internally balanced to 1/4 oz. in. Block is line honed with ARP main studs installed, block is decked to correct height with BHJ deck true fixture, cylinders are bored and honed to finished size with torque plates. Before assembly, the block is meticulously cleaned and inspected. During assembly all bearing clearances are checked, rings file fit, and oil galley plugs installed.

HP347 cubic inch LS1:

-GM LS1 aluminum block
-GM stock nodular iron crankshaft
-Wiseco 3.905" forged flat top pistons w/valve reliefs(for big cams!)
-Manley sportmaster forged connecting rods
-Childs and Albert Dura-Moly piston rings
-Federal Mogul 152M main bearings
-Clevite rod bearings
-Dura Bond cam bearings
-ARP main studs installed

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the most complete and precisely assembled LS1 347 shortblock available. Numerous hours of R&D and testing of aftermarket engine components, clearances, and tolerances went into testing this piece and we are now happy to present you with the final product using only the best available engine components on the market!

$2720 using your rebuildable block and crank!
$3220 outright!

These sale prices will be good until 2/28/05.

A limited warranty is available, call for details. Limited quantities are available now! Call to place your order and get info about shipping.

All other engine sizes are available from this awesome 347, to over 430 cubic inch monster strokers along with some of the best flowing(ask about them!) LS1 Gen III based cylinder heads available!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Way to go fellas! I like to see this. The quality keeps going up and the price keeps coming down on LS1 based motors. The future is bright boys!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Restricted User

Whats CR with what cc heads? And is the piston in the hole or out how much? Are the Manley rods LS1 specific or SBC rods? Ring gaps used during assembly?
Thanks

Charlie
Old 01-18-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IconAutoSports
This shortblock package listed below is blueprinted, balanced, and assembled. The blueprinting process consists of the following: Crankshaft is internally balanced to 1/4 oz. in. Block is line honed with ARP main studs installed, block is decked to correct height with BHJ deck true fixture, cylinders are bored and honed to finished size with torque plates. Before assembly, the block is meticulously cleaned and inspected. During assembly all bearing clearances are checked, rings file fit, and oil galley plugs installed.

HP347 cubic inch LS1:

-GM LS1 aluminum block
-GM stock nodular iron crankshaft
-Wiseco 3.905" forged flat top pistons w/valve reliefs(for big cams!)
-Manley sportmaster forged connecting rods
-Childs and Albert Dura-Moly piston rings
-Federal Mogul 152M main bearings
-Clevite rod bearings
-Dura Bond cam bearings
-ARP main studs installed

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the most complete and precisely assembled LS1 347 shortblock available. Numerous hours of R&D and testing of aftermarket engine components, clearances, and tolerances went into testing this piece and we are now happy to present you with the final product using only the best available engine components on the market!

$2720 using your rebuildable block and crank!
$3220 outright!

These sale prices will be good until 2/28/05.

A limited warranty is available, call for details. Limited quantities are available now! Call to place your order and get info about shipping.

All other engine sizes are available from this awesome 347, to over 430 cubic inch monster strokers along with some of the best flowing(ask about them!) LS1 Gen III based cylinder heads available!
Oh yea , This is what Im talking about !!! This is the best price Ive seen so far !
Old 01-19-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

EDITED: Don't be an ***, this is a sponsor post.
-Admin

Last edited by U LUZ; 01-19-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Boy, that is Classy!!! posting that in someone elses thread...
Old 01-19-2005, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CAT3
Whats CR with what cc heads? And is the piston in the hole or out how much? Are the Manley rods LS1 specific or SBC rods? Ring gaps used during assembly?
Thanks

Charlie
Charlie, the compression ratio depends on which heads you plan on using and how much they are milled. Here are a few examples:

LS1 head unmilled - 10.8:1
LS6 head unmilled - 11.4:1

All blocks are set up to zero deck so the piston will not be "out of the hole".
The manley rods are 6.100 LS1 specific. Ring gaps are used depending on application(nitrous, supercharged/turbocharged, or N/A)

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
Boy, that is Classy!!! posting that in someone elses thread...

Chris...kinda my thoughts exactly. Is business that bad at HPE to have this moron try to pull sh** like that... WTF?
Old 01-19-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I think John was just joking around since we are all basically a circle of friends here. But it does look bad, and I do apologize for the behavior. John is a customer of ours here at HPE, and a real good guy. He know's all the guys at all the local speed shops, but we work on his car. So we all try to be a happy family.

Good luck with the motor's Mike, they sound great!

Chuck
Old 01-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

How much more for dished pistons?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cne411
How much more for dished pistons?
Add only $150 more for any change in compression height.
Also only an extra $100 for gas porting, vertical or horizontal.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE
Well I think John was just joking around since we are all basically a circle of friends here. But it does look bad, and I do apologize for the behavior. John is a customer of ours here at HPE, and a real good guy. He know's all the guys at all the local speed shops, but we work on his car. So we all try to be a happy family.

Good luck with the motor's Mike, they sound great!

Chuck
Chuck, I appreciate you apologizing for him but the right thing to do would be for him to step up and delete his reply.

For the record, because I do not know him, I do not consider him a "friend".

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i changed it mike i just thought they used good parts on my motor ...i know i have diamond pistons and lunati rods ....i wasnt trying to knock the deal its a good price and pecos[lme] builds good motors ...i was just commenting on the best price thing ...not trying to bust your *****...i know you build bad *** stuff and no chuck didnt even give me free stuff to say this i made it all up on my own...sorry if offended anyone...and yes i dont know you and i shouldnt have said that .....
Old 01-19-2005, 06:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I edited your post. Sorry, but you did come off like an *** for posting what you did. Think before you type please.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Restricted User

Mike,
If you dont mind to take a moment and explain the gas porting, benifits vs. drawbacks I would greatly appreciate it?
I see I forgot to mention the chamber size. Lets say 64cc if I want a nitrous engine, (and 74cc if I decide to go Turbo (I seen your post for dished pistons..great)), and since its zero deck, I will want a .032"-.035" head gasket (hello cometic!).
I am glad to hear you also gap rings according to use, rather than some "ready built", I would hate to run a 300+ shot of nitrous for a season on tight gaps, or use assloads of boost on them.
How much for coating the skirts, and face of pistons and how long might this delay the lead time? Thanks.

Charlie
Old 01-20-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

TTT for ICON
Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CAT3
Mike,
If you dont mind to take a moment and explain the gas porting, benifits vs. drawbacks I would greatly appreciate it?
I see I forgot to mention the chamber size. Lets say 64cc if I want a nitrous engine, (and 74cc if I decide to go Turbo (I seen your post for dished pistons..great)), and since its zero deck, I will want a .032"-.035" head gasket (hello cometic!).
I am glad to hear you also gap rings according to use, rather than some "ready built", I would hate to run a 300+ shot of nitrous for a season on tight gaps, or use assloads of boost on them.
How much for coating the skirts, and face of pistons and how long might this delay the lead time? Thanks.

Charlie
Charlie, you will soon be receiving a PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump for Icon .. This is a killer deal !
Old 01-23-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm really interested in this set up.Can this handle a 200 shot?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by A Mustang's NightMare
I'm really interested in this set up.Can this handle a 200 shot?
It sure can! As long as it is set-up the right way and the timing, and air/fuel ratio is correct.