LS1 RoadRunner Available @ Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 RoadRunner Available @ Thunder Racing

Thunder Racing is proud to announce that the LS1 RoadRunner Computer Tuning Emulator is now available. We have been in research & development of this product along with Moates.net for about 2 years now and the end result is an incredible tuning tool. More details on our web page here:

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=155

Angie
Old 02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

So you have to have EFI Live to run this? Or just a license? Both?
Old 02-28-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

From link above: "Will work with either EFI Live or TunerCat software (licenses available separately). PLEASE NOTE! Software is required to interface with the RoadRunner. Please acquire a license for your RoadRunner."
Old 02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by alans02z
So you have to have EFI Live to run this? Or just a license? Both?
I'm a bit confused about this to. Do you need to have EFI live ($699), plus the liscense ($199), plus the Roadrunner ($895)? If so, this is great for those owning the EFI live already, but the rest of us would have to spend the $699 to buy EFI live?

Dan
Old 02-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I'm a bit confused about this to. Do you need to have EFI live ($699), plus the liscense ($199), plus the Roadrunner ($895)? If so, this is great for those owning the EFI live already, but the rest of us would have to spend the $699 to buy EFI live?

Dan
You do NOT have to have a full version of EFI Live/FlashScan in order to operate the RoadRunner. You DO have to have the EFI Emulator license for $199, (or the TunerCat version, which we do not sell.) You can install the RoadRunner hardware in your car (replaces your factory PCM) and drive around making all of the tuning changes that you want. HOWEVER, if you want to FLASH your factory PCM with the file, you will need the EFI Live/FlashScan tuning software. The number of PCM's that you can flash will only be limited by the version of EFI Live/FlashScan that you purchase.

I hope that is more clear. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Angie
Old 02-28-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok. So 895 plus the 199, then you can tune. Makes sense. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

will HP Tuners work for this also?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

I think I got it now, butjust to clear this up. Does the roadrunner come with its own tuning software then? or is the EFI emulator used to make the changes. I'm not familiar with EFI software, so I guess I just want to know what application (software on my PC) is used to make the tuning changes.

Sorry for the domb questions here .

Dan
Old 03-01-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I think I got it now, butjust to clear this up. Does the roadrunner come with its own tuning software then? or is the EFI emulator used to make the changes. I'm not familiar with EFI software, so I guess I just want to know what application (software on my PC) is used to make the tuning changes.

Sorry for the domb questions here .

Dan
Dan,

We are selling the emulator with EFI Live software. Functionally it is the same as the EFI Live software used to tune the factory PCM. If you have a file in your PCM right now that you like, you would read it out using EFI Live (or an older version of HP Tuners that generates .bin files) and open the file using the supplied EFI Live software. Once you have done this you download that file into the emulator.

With the emulator programmed you can then make changes to the file while the engine is running and they take affect immediately. Once you have the file tuned to your liking you save it and you can either flash it back into your original PCM (EFI Live FlashScan is required to do this, you would need to purchase this separately) or you can leave the file in the emulator and use it just like your regular PCM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
will HP Tuners work for this also?

HP Tuners will not communicate with the RoadRunner.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

So, using road runner and the EFIlive emulator... other than not being able to do a full flash (to the original PCM), is everything else still functional? 2bar, speed density, wideband, etc?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Deckhand
So, using road runner and the EFIlive emulator... other than not being able to do a full flash (to the original PCM), is everything else still functional? 2bar, speed density, wideband, etc?
All of the functionality of the PCM is the same. So yes you can load any custom OS that EFI Live offers into the RoadRunner.

The wideband is a function of scanning the PCM or RoadRunner. You would still need some kind of scantool to scan through the OBD2 port. If whatever scantool you get, can support a wideband PID, then wideband won't be a problem.

Quick Reply: LS1 RoadRunner Available @ Thunder Racing