anyone interested in 2pc OE size rotors for the Fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone interested in 2pc OE size rotors for the Fbody?

I posted this in the brake section, here is what I posted. I need as much feed back as possible...

Well ok, I have been on here for a while now, and one thing I have seen a lot of is people asking for OE replacement rotors for the Fbody. There are several OE size 1pc rotors out there, but my big question is this...

Would anyone be interested in an OE size 2pc rotor for the Fbodies?

Well this is just a feeler thread, so let me know what you think. I can assure you that if there is enough interest, we will be happy to accommodate you guys.

Regards
Old 06-13-2006, 05:57 PM

Doesn't Bear make the eradispeed (sp) 2 pc in stock size.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Doesn't Bear make the eradispeed (sp) 2 pc in stock size.
That is correct, the EradiSpeed-Plus, but Im just wondering if anyone would like other options. I am thinking about putting together a stage 1 set up including pads, ss flex lines, and two pc rotors. Anyway, any help would be appreciated
Old 06-13-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think an entry level brake kit would be great. I've looked at some of your competitors that have caliper, rotors and pads at quite a bit less $$ at Jobber (which means they can be had cheaper) than your current entry level package.

I am pretty sure your product is a better product so I am probably comparing apples to oranges. But for the use of my car the stock brakes are probably fine. That said I want more and would love to have something fill the 17 inch wheels a little better as far as the rotors go. But the car will never be competitively tracked at anything other than a drag strip so the big bad boys are not needed.

I have looked into the corvette setup but would be willing to pay a bit more for a quality aftermarket setup especially for a Local to me company that supports this forum.

You asked for input normally I would never comment on a vendors pricing or products except from personal experience. I just think your entry level kit is a little pricey now for 80% of the people on this site. We think nothing of throwing down 10K for a FI setup but 1600 for brakes hurts... which is a pretty stupid way of thinking about it but heh, other than a select few we are not Rocket scientists

Bobby
Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I think an entry level brake kit would be great. I've looked at some of your competitors that have caliper, rotors and pads at quite a bit less $$ at Jobber (which means they can be had cheaper) than your current entry level package.

I am pretty sure your product is a better product so I am probably comparing apples to oranges. But for the use of my car the stock brakes are probably fine. That said I want more and would love to have something fill the 17 inch wheels a little better as far as the rotors go. But the car will never be competitively tracked at anything other than a drag strip so the big bad boys are not needed.

I have looked into the corvette setup but would be willing to pay a bit more for a quality aftermarket setup especially for a Local to me company that supports this forum.

You asked for input normally I would never comment on a vendors pricing or products except from personal experience. I just think your entry level kit is a little pricey now for 80% of the people on this site. We think nothing of throwing down 10K for a FI setup but 1600 for brakes hurts... which is a pretty stupid way of thinking about it but heh, other than a select few we are not Rocket scientists

Bobby

This is the kind of imput I am looking for Bobby, that a lot. I have just posted something in the brake section that may help answer some questions

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/524730-2pc-rotors-fbody.html

What I can say is that we are going to offer a more entry level kit for you guys that are looking for it. Let me know if there are any questions
Old 06-22-2006, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

bump
Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

What would the advantage of a 2pc rotors be?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gun5l1ng3r
Old 06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gun5l1ng3r

Good question... There are a couple of advantages. First is weight savings since we are using an aluminum hat, but the real plus is the way that 2pc rotors dissipate heat. With the hats being aluminum, the rotors do not have the huge heat sink that 1pc do, so they are allowed to dissipate the heat equally on both sides of the rotor. With this, there is a much less chance of rotor warpage. I hope this helps, but let me know if there are any more questions

Friendly regards
Old 06-25-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

id be in for some oe size
Old 06-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Teching In

I like the cross-drilled & slotted look. Price is also a big factor for me.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Here is what we are thinking... If I could get together like 5 of you guys on this I could then offer each set up for about $750 which will included 2pc front rotors, pads and brakelines. All we have to do now is get together the orders. Let me know if you have any questions

Regards
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Would this $750 be the overall target price or the pilot run price. If you are looking for a demo car for the prototype pair I will step up to the plate, problem is I am in MA not OR. Another thing is I was looking at a OE 1pc set for around $300 less the lines but that was all 4 rotors and pad too. That's less then half. Granted you offer 2pc so I realize a price difference is necessary but try to get it down.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FirebirdWS62K1
Would this $750 be the overall target price or the pilot run price. If you are looking for a demo car for the prototype pair I will step up to the plate, problem is I am in MA not OR. Another thing is I was looking at a OE 1pc set for around $300 less the lines but that was all 4 rotors and pad too. That's less then half. Granted you offer 2pc so I realize a price difference is necessary but try to get it down.
Hi, well we are shooting for $750 with everything included as an overall price. What I am doing is not carging custom price if we can get 5 people to purchase all at once. This way we will be able to produce all 5 at one time. This price is just a bit under the price Wilwood has for their rotor only C5 set up. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much would the replacement rotor parts cost when it comes to have another brake job?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by prince xizor
How much would the replacement rotor parts cost when it comes to have another brake job?
The replacement rotors would go for around 200 each. Let me know if there are any more questions

Regards
Old 07-10-2006, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Default Who is in?

Well guys, I am getting quite a bit of response on these OE sized 2pc rotors. I am building a list of people ready to go, so let me know if you are interested. The quicker I can get this together, the quicker you guys can have your Stage 1 brake kit. Let me know if there are any questions

regards
Old 07-11-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

will there be lt1 kits?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

I'm interested, but I'm kinda needing all four rotors and stuff. I don't know, maybe just add that to mine or something? Also, will these be blanks or crossdrilled and/or slotted?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

I'm interested, but I'm kinda needing all four rotors and stuff. I don't know, maybe just add that to mine or something? Also, will these be blanks or crossdrilled and/or slotted?