Sponsor Vehicle Projects & Shop Tours See what your LS1TECH Sponsors are working on.

Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"

Check it out...cool build anyone can do with not a lot of money! We're keeping this build right around $10,000 WITH the price of the Z28. By selling stock stuff, and some performance parts that were on the car, and by using stuff we had laying around we're right on target!!

So we here at the shop decided it was time to get into the action and build another shop car that not only kicks ***, but really represents our quality of work and the different services we provide to our customers who are seeking nothing short of the best in performance and fabrication.
We purchased the car from one of our best and most loyal customers. We had previously worked on the vehicle and knew of it's quality and potential, even as a '98. The rest is history
"Project BackLASH"
-1998 Camaro Z28 (Formerly Rob's car, thanks buddy!)
-Original LS1, stock pistons, rods, and crank
-Katech Rod Bolts for added stability and strength at our projected PRM range
-ARP head bolts
-GM MLS gaskets, stock thickness
-Stock 241 heads
-Lashway 3-pc custom pushrods (available to the gen public!)
-IWIS timing chain
-Ported oil pump
-Super Victor Cathedral Port Intake
-Scorpion 2000 cfm throttle plate
-Dual Stage Nitrous Express plate (NP604)
-Monster Stage 5 clutch, 28lb flywheel
-Liberty faceplated T56
-Chromoly 3" driveshaft
-Custom narrowed rear end (thats definately a big secret, gotta come by to see what we're building)
-Custom Wolfe 10-pt chromoly cage, completely assembeled, notched and tig welded at Lashway by Ollie, our Fab Master!
-Wolfe Mini Tub Kit
-VFN Sunoco Style Extended hood (my favorite mod)
-Fresh engine bay paint and hood paint done in house -Wolfe Mini Tubs
-Custom Chromoly Lashway LCA's, relocated of course
-Strang single adj rear coil overs and dbl adj coil overs in front
-BMR Battery relocation tray
-BMR tubular upper and lower control arms
-ABS delete with line lock
-Dzus fittings to hold down that nice freakin hood
-MT ET Slicks, 28"

....and probably a hell of a lot more that I am forgetting.
I will add pics in the morning every chance I can. We are bery busy here, and the threads are hard to keep up with.

Last edited by Erik@Lashway; 08-02-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

More goodies arriving daily

BMR K member
SFC's
Strange rear adj. coil overs
Torque Arm Cross Member
Stealthy NGK AFX install in vent
Attached Thumbnails Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"-p7011694.jpg   Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"-p7011695.jpg   Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"-p7011696.jpg   Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"-p7011697.jpg   Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"-p7011699.jpg  

Last edited by Erik@Lashway; 07-07-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Some more teaser pics for everyone following this thread....

Here are some quick shots of the wheel tubs...they came out great. We used some 3M seam sealer which was easy to work with. Now just adding some more sheet metal and some finishing work and they're good to go!

Also installing the stage 5, sintered iron Monster Clutch (WHICH WE CARRY!)

Katech was nice enough to send us they're solid tensioner (WHICH WE CARRY!) in nothing other than LASHWAY purple! Looks bitching...

More parts are coming

Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM
FormerVendor

Uhoh...look what the cat dragged in...

The baddest throttle plate in the world made by Scorpion (and yes, we carry this in stock as well).

Old 07-18-2011, 09:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You got the last purple one we had. I love the purple for some reason. I had one custom made for a customer's purple GTO so I made a couple spares. Purple isn't a hot seller so I won't be making any more unless you buy a batch for your company.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Jason,

Thanks man, glad we could snag one. I love it.

Erik@Lashway
Old 07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
FormerVendor

Well, another week down the crapper - still making good progress on the build. Monster Level 5 came in and was installed. Ollie began to run the harness and eventually the engine and trans made its way back into the engine bay...

Notice the bang up wiring routing...very nice!

NX Perimeter Plate is in as well as a little custom touch on the pass side cylinder head (we had a little fun at the water jetting place)...

We're hoping to fire her up soon.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Hey everyone..thanks for checking in periodically on our build. We've been working around the clock on this thing to get it rolling...haven't slept in about 35 hours...between working on customer projects and BackLASH, we're all dead.

Anyway, here are some updated pics...

We decided to go with a velocity stack from Summit that we nicknamed "BIG GULP" for obvious reasons...not only is it totally huge and rediculous, but it will actually help straighten airflow out as it enters the manifold Should gain some power as well! Oh yeah, it also stores your beer between passes! (we do not endorse drinking and driving though!)

Rails and fuel system are done, front brake lines are bent and done along with the line lock (notice we used -an fittings instead of the regular stuff you get at NAPA. Looks better and is actually easier to install when putting custom brakes together

We threw in a set of adj. coil overs on the front as well as some stock brakes which our wheels will clear with a small spacer.

Interior of vehicle has been covered in OZITE which is some really light carpeting. Not the easiest thing to install, but results we're great and we're happy with the look. Dash is in, harness is in, Kirkey and custom adj. mount are in as well. All wiring is done, just have to hook up some random gauges we ordered and we're ready to fire her up...should be awesome.

If all goes well, an we don't pass out we will make our first pass tonight at PBIR...it's a long shot but we're going to give it a try!

Finally, my absolute favorite mod we have done....the VFN hood! We decided to go with some black and white on the hood to keep the theme going with the rest of the car. So, we hit it early this morning with some Artic White and some black, then a few coats of clear. Check out the stripe! We love the outcome and the shine is unreal...just letting her dry and we'll pin it onto the mounts...Keep in mind that we were able to paint this in house using products we purchased at the local auto body supply store and Ollie's guns...great job!

Enjoy:

PS- the SUMMIT decals on the noids were just for fun...they're not actually SUMMIT brand lol
Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 AM
FormerVendor

Well, just a quick update...

Originally we we're going to run with stock upper and lower control arms in the front, as well as some QA1 single adjustable shocks that we had on the shelf. Unfortunately, that did not sit well with me. We went through a lot of trouble to keep the weight off this car and leaving the stock (and heavy) control arms on the front just bothered me. Now, we are still working on a pretty moderate budget for you guys out there watching the pennies. Keep in mind that I sold almost $3000 worth of stuff from this vehicle including wheels and tires, various performance parts, interior, electronics, etc. Doing so allowed us to have a bit of extra money to splurge on items like these control arms...so we did.

If you're on a REALLY tight budget, ditch the thought of spending $600-$700 on adj upp and lower control arms. Yes they are nice, but not at all a MUST for going fast. Think of them as something you can work towards as you progress into more and more racing.

I also decided to upgrade the front shocks to Strange Double Adjustable coil overs which will give us more control over the weight transfer of the vehicle as it moves out of the hole...

We also received the BMR battery tray today in hammertone. We contemplated just fabbing a tray up with the water jetter, but we're in a crunch for time and are busy working on customer cars as well, plus the discount BMR extended us really made the order worth it - thanks BMR! I have to say, this thing is TOP NOTCH quality. I'll post some pics when I can.

I also ordered the wheels today. Not going to disclose yet which brand they are, but I can assure you all of one thing - they are totally badass. Here's a hint:

15x4 in the front + 15x12 in the rear = AWESOME!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Here's a quick shot of the BMR goodies that arrived yesterday. Also got the Quicktime bellhousing in...don't have to worry about my feet anymore with this badboy bolted in!

Also, check out our custom taillight panel...little filler, some gloss black and some custom vinyl - came together really nice!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

So a few folks have commented on the parts that we're buying for the car all while claiming that it is a "budget" build. While it is a budget build in a way, we cannot skip the iems needed to safely and quickly get down the track.

For instance, the bellhousing. It isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. BUT, I would rather have it than not in the event that my clutch decides to quit at 7500 RPM...

Sure you could run without it, but it is NOT a good idea and not worth losing parts of your body for...

The control arms in the front are definately NOT needed, but we wanted to keep the weight down as much as possible, plus BMR hooked it up as usual, so what can I say.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks guys!

Little update:

The new wheels arrived yesterday and looked BEAUTIFUL. Unfortunately they we're not the right color/finish, so they went back for final touches...

They're definately going to be badass though and super light!

The new gear set arrived for our 8.8 conversion we're building for this particular project. 4.30 ratio from Motive with the install kit Should put us right at the top of 4th as we pass through the traps with the tire we're running on the back. Our 60' time shouldn't be too bad either. Good stuff.

Also started to install the control arms - they look bitchin!

We're really busy right now so it's hard to wrench on this thing after a long hot day!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

8/23/2011 Update:

Waiting on:

Wheels
Front Shocks
Steel tubing for the rear end
MSD 2-step

Everything else is (for the most part) done. Fired her up the other day. BEAST!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking great guys.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:34 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks boss!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 AM
FormerVendor

Ordered ROUND tubing for the rear and got SQUARE tubing...

WTF
Old 09-07-2011, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The build looks great Erik! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Bob....we're currently running into some issues with the 8.8 (while we WAIT for the right goddam parts to show up).

We may utilize a 9" for this particular build, but we will certainly continue developing an 8.8 swap kit!! We have found that narrowing causes some issues. Stock width is NOT an issue and can be done with our kit with ease! Just have to tweak it, build it, and sell it.

Got the new wheels mounted and balanced today. Photos coming tomorrow!

Erik@Lashway
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

OHHHHH HOT DAMMMMMMMM

FINALLY Got my Weld RT-s 15x4 on a 1.5 BS and 15x12 on a 6.5 BS with some MT rubbers....3" narrowed rear. Medium pad height which according to my calculations should clear stock brakes!

Fit's like a GLOVE!

Enjoy the wheel ****

Quick Reply: Lashway's newest build: "Project BackLASH"