Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

after market alarm help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market alarm help.

i was wondering do i need some kind of bypass for the stock alarm when i wire in my new alarm. also does anyone know what wires are the positive and negative door locks? and what wire is for the door when its open?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

You will need to bypass the VATS system then tap into the BCM.

I don't have a pin out of the BCM, there should be one some where online. Or just use a VOM.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

No, the VATS system is unrelated to any alarm installation - only a remote start kit would require a VATS bypass. You can't really bypass the factory alarm because it's built in to the BCM which you need for other functions but you can program the factory alarm off so that it doesn't conflict with the aftermarket alarm. Programming instructions are in your owner's manual and posted here.

The door lock wire is the gray wire in the green connector at the BCM. There is no single door unlock wire unless you've done the progressive unlock mod. The driver's door unlock is the tan wire and the passenger's door unlock is the gray with black wire - both in the green connector at the BCM.

Each door also has separate door ajar trigger wires so it's easier to use the courtesy light wire - dark blue with white in the black connector at the BCM. Otherwise it's the gray with black (driver's door), black with white (passenger's door), and orange with black (hatch) wires in the large blue connector at the BCM. There are several black with white wires in that connector but these three will all be next to each other so it's easy to get the right one.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry man, I am just use to every alarm having a remote start built in.