Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bulldog Security?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bulldog Security?

So, I was just opening up the area under my steering wheel in my '93 so i could get to the bolts to get the stereo out... and when I opened it a huge pile of wires came falling out, along with a box that says "Bulldog Security" on it. First off, what is it? It's about 4"x3"x1" probably, with a ton of wires going in and out of it (all done by someone not very well btw, tape everywhere, all curled up, stuff like that). And secondly, if it's something that would be nice to have, would there be any way to get another key fob thing and make it work again? (the car came with one, but wouldn't do anything, so I took it off).

I can get a picture if you want.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Also, random question about something else that's bugging me. Is there anything with the wiring that might cause the stereo to have to be faded to the front like 10 out of a range of -20 to 20 to get the sound to even be heard out of the front speakers?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Bulldog security systems...those cheap 'ol alarms that you see at your local auto-parts store that claims even a 3 year old can hook them up. IMHO, pitch it in the nearest dumpster you find. If you're really wanting an aftermarket alarm...Viper, Python, Clifford; are some of the top names that come to mind.

your speakers...is it all stock still? Or has it already been upgraded to an aftermarket stereo? if so, how big of an upgrade?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

So.... would I be able to just unplug it, or is there a bunch of stuff i would have to do? I know nothing about those things...

The speakers are aftermarket, but I'm not completely sure what they are, because I haven't gotten in there and looked at them. I can tell you they're green though, and that he has a pioneer deck. Other than that I'm not sure...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

See what the **** is routed to first, before you get cut happy.

I always want to cut every thing out, then all my **** gets fucked up and I have to redo every thing.