Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bazooka vs. Audiopipe 6.5" dual voice coil subwoofer comparison

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bazooka vs. Audiopipe 6.5" dual voice coil subwoofer comparison

I went ahead and decided to do a little sound comparison on the 2 DVC subs I carry (if SAS Bazooka ever decides to get more in stock that is). I have the Audiopipe subs in stock now and will be adding those to the website sometime today!
Here are a couple of videos I shot this afternoon comparing the 2 subs. The camera doesn't really do it justice as far as sound quality goes but you get the basic idea of how much bass these can produce. Both were tested using my Techniques home audio system and were at the same volume level. I will probably do some more testing with actual test tones later. The "enclosure" was an old box I had laying around and was open on the side so it was not sealed. I didn't want it to be sealed since the sail panels are not sealed. Here they are:
Bazooka:

Audiopipe:
Old 10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Nice comparison! Let me ask this though because you were there for the testing, which in your opinion sounded better? I'm talking quality here because I'm not going for huge bass in my car. Obviously if I was I'd be getting a subwoofer. I'm planning on buying replacement speakers and a small amp from you to put in my car. All I want to use is the door speakers and the sail panel.

BTW my little bro is still thinking about getting that JVC from you. He just got his student loan today so I'll let you know.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

In my opinion the Audiopipes seemed to produce more bass overall. The Bazooka seemed to want more power and could handle more power when I was playing around with them so the power ratings are accurate but I think the sensitivity rating of both is off some. The Bazooka doesn't put out as much bass at lower volume but hits good at higher volume with more power. The Audiopipe seems to put out slightly more bass at both volume levels. Of the 2 the Audiopipes did fill the room with more bass then the Bazooka but both do very well!! I still want to play around with them some more.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 10-14-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

I think I'll probably try and get the Audiopipes then! All I want to replace is the door panel and sail panel speakers and probably get a small amp to power them. Like I said I'm not looking for ridiculous bass, I just want it to sound good. Can you PM me a price for the Audiopipes and a set of good speakers for the doors? I already have an Alpine 4 channel amp sitting in my room, been there for like 6 years! LOL I just want to get an idea of what I'm looking to spend.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

are these good replacements for the sale panel with a stock monsoon in a trans am?
I am also interested in the Audiopipes . I bought some Infinity 6022si's but have not installed yet and was thinking of getting my wife some new speakers for her 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab as she blew her front door speakers and I seen that the 6022 si is a replacement for hers according to Crutchfield. I was going to put the 6022's in her truck and get some of these for my sail panels as I have a blown sail panel speaker.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
are these good replacements for the sale panel with a stock monsoon in a trans am?
I am also interested in the Audiopipes . I bought some Infinity 6022si's but have not installed yet and was thinking of getting my wife some new speakers for her 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab as she blew her front door speakers and I seen that the 6022 si is a replacement for hers according to Crutchfield. I was going to put the 6022's in her truck and get some of these for my sail panels as I have a blown sail panel speaker.
Yes, these are the replacements that work with the stock Monsoon system in the Trans Am. I just received mine from Kee yesterday and can't wait to get them in. Great guy to deal with.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

I have been researching and I see people are having great results with the kicker cvt-65 also but they are a bit more expensive and are 2 ohm. I dont crank my stereo but dont want to melt my stock amp either.

I left a message at kee audio so now waiting on a call. thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Do the audiopipes need a spacer and if so do they come with it? thanks

For 88 bucks I might even pull the trigger and I don't even care about car audio anymore lol
Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Mine are ordered and are a direct replacement . Thanks Kee Audio
Old 10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

These are perfect replacements as they offer multiple mounting holes which makes it easier to line up the with the stock screw holes, 3" of mounting depth so no spacers are needed at all, and have screw in terminals so you can reuse your stock connector off the old speaker (just cut it off) easier by screwing it to the Audiopipe terminals. This allows you to plug it right into the the stock harness again. With the Bazookas they had the usually spade type connectors so you had to either solder them or use crimp on connectors to attach the stock connector back on to allow you to plug into the stock harness. The Audiopipes are much more user/installation friendly.
These can also be used with Camaros as they can be wired in parallel to acheive the 2ohm load they require in the sails with the single pair of wires.
I just got my order in yesterday of 12 pairs of subs so I'm ready to ship!! They are on the website as well in the subwoofer category to make purchasing them easier, just click the "buy now" button, price includes shipping!!: http://www.keeaudio.com/id72.html
Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

So, this is a long ago bump but from looking at Kee's site I no longer see the AudioPipe option. Perhaps I'm mistaken but I definitely need to replace my sail panel subs, not interested in going full blown custom right now. I have found AudioPipe other places. Just wondering if there was any current feedback on the options for these speakers.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The audiopipes are what i had in my sail panels of my car(actually the previous owner had one audiopipe, one stocker) and i replaced with kicker CVT65. They pound good for 6.5's My biggest complaint is the price and the fact that you cannot find 2ohm ones anymore, like almost anywhere. But the audiopipe(had i the matching one for the speaker already in the car) sounded great as well
Old 11-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Ian stopped carrying the Audiopipe subs because of build problems not because of any sound quality issues. Some of the speakers were coming apart if handled too roughly during installation and he felt that he would rather provide hassle-free, foolproof speakers to his customers - he's always been tops in customer service. I had the Audiopipe subs in my car and was very impressed with how well they worked as replacements for the stock speakers. The bass was noticeably cleaner and fuller without being overpowering.

If you buy them, make sure you get the newer TS-VR6 rather than the older TS-V6. The newer ones seem to be more sturdy and have a larger surround for easier mounting.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Trunion King

Is he still in business? Or a sponsor?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, he is still in business and is still a sponsor (note the orange colored name in his post above). However, he is not on this site as often as he used to be so it's better to go to his website (www.keeaudio.com) and email him directly. Also, this is not his full time job so sometimes you have to patient.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, WhiteBird00! Although if you no longer have that car, I guess that makes me the new WhiteBird00.

Quick Reply: Bazooka vs. Audiopipe 6.5" dual voice coil subwoofer comparison