Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

"all on headlight"

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "all on headlight"

does anyone know how to make all the headlights and foglights come on with the highbeam headlight switch??
Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

That's two separate modifications - all headlights on and keeping foglights on with high beams.

Here is a link to a thread with details of how to modify the fog light wiring to keep them on with the high beams: https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/353696-how-do-i-make-my-fog-lights-able-stay-brights.html

And here is one about having the low beams stay on with the high beams (Firebirds do this from the factory): https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/721179-write-up-hi-low-beams-same-time.html

Bear in mind that doing both of these modifications together is illegal. Most states limit the number of lights on the front to four at the same time. Having four headlights and two fog lights on at once could get you a ticket.

BTW, I found these threads in less than five minutes using the search function (mind you...I knew they were around somewhere). Try that the next time.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

This is in the Lighting FAQ which is in the Hall of Fame sticky in the Appearance & Detailing section.

The Lighting FAQ is also in my sig.

Since this section is related, I'm adding the Lighting FAQ to the general FAQ at the top of this section also.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you everyone who helped, i ended up lookin at a wiring diagram with a tech here at work, and wired it up through a relay