Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker help

Ok i blew both side speakers behind the drivers and passenger seats so i bought some cheap sony 6 1/2 inch speakers to put in for now but i can`t get them to play any actual treble just bass. Are the factory speakers only ment to be mids, strictly bass speakers or what? Also there are 4 wires going to each speaker, do i use all 4 wires when i hook up the new speakers or what? I basically just want some more treble because ive got plenty of bass just look in the sig lol. If anybody can help me here it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Anybody?
Old 11-01-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

those speaker locations only get lower frequencies from the stock Monsoon amp. You basically bought the wrong speakers. If I were you I would return them and go to keeaudio.com and get the right DVC 6.5" midbass/subs.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
those speaker locations only get lower frequencies from the stock Monsoon amp. You basically bought the wrong speakers. If I were you I would return them and go to keeaudio.com and get the right DVC 6.5" midbass/subs.
Ok thanks thats what i thought.